This relationship advice will save your business and your love life!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salon Tracker

Reaction score
From “Is he right for you?” to “how to make her want you”… it seems that every day there is new research revealed about relationships and how to make them work.

Some might question how you can expect a stranger to know what makes an individual tick, but we convey here how flirting, dating and relationship advice is all relevant to your business. Of course you should be caring for your clients. But to what extent?

1) A stranger crosses you in the street and unbeknown to any of you, you could, potentially share a connection. Due to the amount of people walking down that street, if there is no initial attraction or magnetic engagement then it’s safe to say, you will probably never know. The same goes for business; due to the amount of competition an individual might see in your area of the exact same forte, if they are not enticed by any engagement or attraction then it’s safe to say, you will probably never know their custom.

2) If you are dating somebody, you might sometimes feel as though they are not as attentive, caring or even as spontaneous as you would like. So human nature, rightly suggests, they lose your commitment to someone who you share compatibility with, and who can provide your desired love. With your business, you might assume that because you are constantly busy, your customers are satisfied with your service and the hours you put in. Unbeknown to you that customer may believe the service is not attentive or understanding to her needs or even just, convenient to her hours. So human nature, rightly suggests, you lose their commitment and the sale all to a competitor who can provide what that customer desires.

Similar to a relationship, you will always lose out to a competitor if you are not recognising your weaknesses and strengths and most importantly, acting upon them.

Relationships and businesses all have the same approach. A customer seeks a large part from a technician or hairdresser of what she looks for in a potential partner, which is communication and trust. Trusting someone with your hair, as all women know, is a big deal so when you find someone who delivers what you want, similarly to a relationship, you don’t want to let them go.

Our top 3 tips to saving your business or your relationship:

1) Flirt with your clients. Give them reasons to understand why you are the best!

2) Don’t get complacent- The same service is available elsewhere, so give them reason to stay!

3) Consistency- Energy and effort should be in full force every time they visit you!

I absolutely agree. There are stylists everywhere and we need to give them a reason to stay the long run with us.

My clients are impressed with the fact that I am always taking additional training classes or doing charity work where I can to keep abreast of the new trends and services.

I also make detailed life notes about them so when they come in I know where we left off last so I can ask about there life.

I absolutely agree. There are stylists everywhere and we need to give them a reason to stay the long run with us.

My clients are impressed with the fact that I am always taking additional training classes or doing charity work where I can to keep abreast of the new trends and services.

I also make detailed life notes about them so when they come in I know where we left off last so I can ask about there life.

That's a brilliant idea about making life notes Melanie. Not only does it make them feel welcome, it makes your clients feel like you are a trustworthy friend.

Very impressed with all your charity work too, it can be a time consuming career in a salon, so it is good that you are still finding time to help others!

Keep up the good work :)

Latest posts

Back