This tickled me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I had a message via facebook this morning saying
"how much for my nails they are really small"!!!

She only wanted gellux, one colour so i explained its £20
The reply

"but my nails are really small wont it be cheaper for that???

Errrr no!!!
The cheek of some people!! Lol

Lol that is hilarious!! Can you imagine if we charged bigger people more for spray tans though!!

"I'm sorry, you have freakishly wide nails, I'm going to have to charge you more..."

Haha can you imagine!?

I had a girl ask me once if I was able to paint her nails because they were so big! I said of course and she said are you sure look they're really big. Maybe I should have said yes but it'll cost you double lol!

I also work in a dental surgery and the classic line we've had is 'I need to cancel my appointment as I have a tooth ache'!!

haha that's so funny. I have a client who's an amputee and only has nine fingers, but she doesnt get a 10% discount, nor has she ever asked for one! Some people are just really cheeky, you cant blame her for trying I suppose.

You could of replied it will be dearer as it will be more fiddly with ickle nails lol.x:D

Oh my! Some people are hilarious!

haha that's so funny. I have a client who's an amputee and only has nine fingers, but she doesnt get a 10% discount, nor has she ever asked for one! Some people are just really cheeky, you cant blame her for trying I suppose.

I have a friend who has one finger missing aswell I jokingly told her to ask for a discount and she said it had never crossed her mind.

some people just want something for nothing.

If anything you should charge more as its easyer to do a proper nice lengh nails than fiddling with short nails lol

Saying that a lady had one finger done a lady with one hand !! Didn't think it was fair to charge her full price as it took half the time but she has a eyebrow wax so I do that free of charge instead of £6 she thinks its a offer im to nice to my clients!

brilliant...lol, this thread really made me laugh

We had a client ask the price of a colour for her hair and when we told her, she replied 'but I only have a little head'.
We didn't laugh, much!!
Some clients make you laugh.
You should tell her it will cost her more cos it will take you longer to do such small nails.

oh the libertys:(

People do make me laugh. It's very rare that this sort of thing happens, but every now and again you get a client who will do anything to get a bit of money off, I've been asked in the past if it will be cheaper if the client "doesnt have all that cuticle stuff done" (they meant prep!).

I had to laugh on Saturday though, it was a quiet day for me and one of the hair salon customers came through and asked if I could do her a quick manicure (file & polish). I said yes and as usual in this situation I tried to upsell her to shellac. She didnt want to pay the extra for shellac so stuck to a standard file & polish, and I did her nails for her while her colour was on her head. I used CND polish and lumos topcoat, then she went to have her colour washed off and have her hair finished, and after her hair appointment was finished she came back through to see me wih a sheepish look on her face asking if she could have shellac after all because she had smudged 4 nails while having her hair done. I was more than happy to do them for her but she had to pay for a second service which she did happily, but her "cheap" manicure turned out to be a false economy!

Latest posts

Back