Those of you that do two jobs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi there all.

For all of you who love doing nails, but do another job to supplement your income, what was your criteria for your non-nail job.

Is your other job rewarding and challening or is it just about earning extra money.

I have been offered two other jobs to run alongside my nail business and am in a bit of a dilemma as to which one to go for.

One is for the NHS 18 hours a week as a medical education administrator.

The other is 16 hours a week plus holiday cover for an Estate Agent.

I seem to be really struggling to decide which one to go for.

Got to be better than what I did, Debt Collecting!!!! I worked 2 days per week, it WAS great money but only served a purpose. I gave it up in March this year and haven't looked back!

Which ever job you end up taking, remember that its not forever!
I would say the Estate Agent cus you could speak to more younger people to promote your business. Just a thought anyway.

Goodluck

Sonia x:)

i work in Oasis clothes store but do abit of mobile beauty treatment as i havent got a salon job yet it seems hard to get into a salon..but had an interview at a salon the other day and will get to do a free st tropez spray tanning course if i get the job.. the beauty job is 3 days a week so could still work at oasis - if they can put me in for mondays/tuesdays instead of thursdays which is brill c si love it there!

x

I work part time and it's purely to pay the rent and pay for all the courses I want to do. It also looks good on a loan application. I'm hanging onto my job at least for another 12 months to get my long service leave entitlements.

I do self employed domestic cleaning,it can get boring ,but it is rewarding,im really friendly with my clients,they always leave or give me tea and bickies,at xmas they leave me a pressie,and i know they really appriciate what i do.:)
I do this 3 days a week and then im left to do nails the rest of the week,i like doing the two as i dont think i could do either all the time,and another thing with the cleaning it keeps me phisical,i wouldnt want to sitting on my butt all days doing nails.Also theres like this time of year when my nails are quiet,this is when i appreciate doing my other job as i know at least ive got other permanant work coming in.:)

I do two jobs and its works perfectly for me.

I work at Next Directory, have been there 15 years and its fits in perfectly. I work 3 mornings a week there, 7.30 till 12. I did work longer but cut my hours down to fit in with my salon work.

It has been trial and error during the last two years but I have now got a happy medium.

I would not have it any other way now as I am getting the best of both worlds. My children are older and I have chosen not to work evenings now as it means I get to spend my evenings at home.

Do what fits in with the family, it is trial and error but with if you have a passion for both then it can work. Best of luck xx

Last edited:
I work in Michaels Craft Store. I teach One Stroke Painting and whatever else they throw at me to do. It's the same thing I do when I paint on nails.
Works out great.
...and we need the money!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Latest posts

Back