Thought for the week.....Retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Retail is the easiest way to boost your salons income, but how do you do it?

When someone asks me for a quote on a colour I always include the correct after care like shampoo and conditioner into the quote. I still tell them what and why and how to use the items, but I've found more people take to retail when done like this.

Thoughts?

That's such a great idea! Love it!

I think it's a mindset. I EXPECT my clients to use what I recommend, so it is all a bit of a given really. I think being fearless of getting a no is also important.

I dont really see retail as "selling". I see it as completion of my job. If I havent told my clients how to look after their hair at home, then I havent done my job. If my clients hair looks crap 2 weeks after - thats my fault for not teaching them how important products are.
I aslo use all the products I sell myself, so Im being completely honest with my clients.
Cleints arnt stupid. They know when theyre being "sold" to, so I like to keep it like im sharing information that will help them look great untill their next visit.
Consequently, I retail ALOT :wink2:

xxx

I find getting the juniors to sell from the backwash is a good way you always get nos but you have to work at it

Latest posts

Back