Thought for the Week!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lovely vase my mum and dad bought me filled with 360 quotes and blessings.This was todays ''The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty'' -Winston Churchill.

gillian, what a lovely idea for a gift !

Think time to dig this thread up.

Quote:

'One man tells a lie, a million men tells the truth' - Chinese proverb

This means that when something is told by the power of only one man, everyone doesnt believe it. But if a million men came along and said the exact same thing, then it encourages people to think its the truth.

A prime example of this is the media, how many times do we think something is true purely because there are manyof them and they tell us so..?

Ah ... the media ... one of the most dangerous forces in the world/country.

Heres one for today xx
Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.
Henry Van Dyke
:hug:

If you always do what you alway did..

you will always get what you've always got
:hug:

I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. Oprah Winfrey

People treat you how you ALLOW them to treat you.
Kim Lawless

Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor
Unknown

It's better to be looked over, than overlooked
Mae West

Don't take me for a prat because I don't happen to be one
My mum (lol)

I have a lovely vase my mum and dad bought me filled with 360 quotes and blessings.This was todays ''The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty'' -Winston Churchill.

I have this vase too and love it My Mum brought it for me when I was down :)

Don't take me for a prat because I don't happen to be one
My mum (lol)

Way to go Kimmi's Mum - I love that one!! Here is my thought for the day - very apt for teks actually!! :lol:

If you don't make Dust - You Eat Dust!!!

When some try to put you or your work down .. remember!!

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

so true ...thanks for sharing gigi it has brightened my evening xx

Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of.

What a great thread.
My fav is in my signature.

I'm always quoting to my kids, much to their annoyance i'm sure! All the old favourites such as "treat others as you wish to be treated yourself" "take care of the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" and my personal favourite "keep your room tidy, or thou shall be grounded" :lol:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The less people speak of their greatness,
the more we think of it.
Lord Bacon[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you candream it, you can become it.
William Arthur Ward
[/FONT]​

Latest posts

Back