Thought of the week-layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah definitely, you always get that client with long hair.. Wants to keep the length but wants something different!
It also looks great with graduated bobs!
And the good thing about a client who is scared... You don't have to have the disconnection too short, it's your canvas you can have it as long or short as you like.
I reckon lots of hairdressers don't even know how to cut a disconnection.
I was never taught in college... I even went back 7yrs later to do my level 3 and can honestly say that I never even saw a demo of one!xx

I know i think thats true as some salons i went to they would say whos cut your hair youve got a prominent step between your layers and length and i would say i wanted it like this its disconnected and the would look at me odd lol , but luckily for me we have a great tutor on our level 2 and she has showen us over direction and disconneted but only because they have had pupils likr me so when we do each others hair sometimes they would be scared to cut the layers so the tutor would do it and demonstrate how its done :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Love disconnected layers in long hair and the client wants shorter layers. There great

Is that what there called!!!! I've Bern doing these years since I went on a matrix cutting course ..they are fab!! I think I have my own technic these days the Sarah hair cut lol....it's amazing what you can learn then blend all the ideas together ...cutting is defiantly my favorite thing todo x

I think the majority of my long hair work is disconnection!
I refuse to do the standard long layer in most people because their hair wouldnt sit that way and anyway whenever i suggest some disconnection to give the longer illusion and for the softness and movement not to mention the volume theyre always way up for it!!
I always tell them though that if they ever go to anyone else for a hair cut the hairdresser would have a fit as theres no way you can follow a disconnection!!!rofl x

I think the majority of my long hair work is disconnection!
I refuse to do the standard long layer in most people because their hair wouldnt sit that way and anyway whenever i suggest some disconnection to give the longer illusion and for the softness and movement not to mention the volume theyre always way up for it!!
I always tell them though that if they ever go to anyone else for a hair cut the hairdresser would have a fit as theres no way you can follow a disconnection!!!rofl x

Yes thats soo true xx

Anyone heard of twist cutting?

You section the crown area of hair off (or wherever shorter disconnected layers are wanted) secure the length of the hair so you don't cut it, now twist the crown area hair straight up (like you twist when going to clip it out the way) then take your thinning scissors and cut through your twist!

Release the hair and there you have it loads of volume and texture throughout the top section of hair :)

You section the crown area of hair off (or wherever shorter disconnected layers are wanted) secure the length of the hair so you don't cut it, now twist the crown area hair straight up (like you twist when going to clip it out the way) then take your thinning scissors and cut through your twist!

Release the hair and there you have it loads of volume and texture throughout the top section of hair :)

I use this technique a lot but I never do it on the crown because of how it grows, I use my scissors and snip at the twist rather than thinners x

I use this technique a lot but I never do it on the crown because of how it grows, I use my scissors and snip at the twist rather than thinners x

I did inverted layers on my sister and just personalised the top for her by doing that and she loved it, she was amazed you could even do that lol I think it's nice for people to see something different, I think I had to use thinning scissors as I'm only a level 2 doing level 3 techniques I'd prob chop off the whole twist otherwise! Haha x

Yes we did this at college our tutor did it also for a ladys hair who had really bad split ends all the way up her hair so twisted a section and feathered it slighty to cut the split ends of it really smoothed the hair out x

I did inverted layers on my sister and just personalised the top for her by doing that and she loved it, she was amazed you could even do that lol I think it's nice for people to see something different, I think I had to use thinning scissors as I'm only a level 2 doing level 3 techniques I'd prob chop off the whole twist otherwise! Haha x

I dont like thinning scissors i think you get more control from point cutting or slicing so to speak ask your tutor to show its so much easier i think xx

Depends on the hair type but I usually do some sort of disconnection :) .......ps we need more threads like this :) x

love it!! used to have a very trendy clientele that would allow me to try lots of different things, really miss that since moving.. full head foils and just a trim is driving me nuts.. and i cant tempt them iv tried.... :mad:

i totally feel my my thru a haircut, no rules except my own!!!

i do enjoy a bit of twist cutting also, but again i go in at it with scissors not thinners, and take it a bit further from the crown so it doesnt sit funny :)

Depends on the hair type but I usually do some sort of disconnection :) .......ps we need more threads like this :) x

Ok I'm on it like a car bonit! X

Haha you make me laugh !!

You'd be laughing if youd of just done the restyle I did!! Her hair had Been coloured with a whooping 90 box colours!! In 9 months! X

Wot the hell?!

You'd be laughing if youd of just done the restyle I did!! Her hair had Been coloured with a whooping 90 box colours!! In 9 months! X

wow!!

Yep!! Black, to red, then brown to blonde to red back to blonde then black!!

And now this!! ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340291948.254656.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340291948.254656.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 258
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340292009.718882.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340292009.718882.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 245
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340292059.800689.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340292059.800689.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 258
That's gorgeous.im desperate for a restyle, so tempted to go shorter when I see pics like this :)

Latest posts

Back