Thought on this please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maz101

1st place winner at Nailympia 2016
Reaction score
I have a client who has ridges on all nails apart from her pinkies, both thumbs have tiny split in the centre of a very small free edge, they never ride up and have apparently done this for years, all normal to her minor skin complaint.

She also has a skin condition that means l&p acrylic cant be used as for 24hrs she gets a tingling, so we tested nsi balance on 1 pinkie and it was fine, no reaction and happily stayed put and her nail grew in the 2 weeks and she now has a nice little free edge, this is what she wants, not long nails, just a small free edge so she can have nice looking nails, so I in filled the pinky and last night did overlays, now we new because of the ridges it was a "might not work" so she popped into my work today and two have chipped at the free edge, this doesn't surprise me, so now we are wondering what option to try, I use gellux... Waiting for info to train in bio which we know is ok on her as she has had on toes before not from me, but never tried anything on nails. I'm waiting to hear from S2 as i have sent copies of certs, so shellac will be available at some point.

What are people's thoughts please, m she is coming here for a chat and so I can have a proper look at the damage, plus find out what she has done today.. She isn't upset or anything as we new this might not work, but now I'm wondering what's the best thing to offer, should I try Gellux, do thicker overlays, we did them thin as we didn't want them too bulky.

Any ideas please?

(I will get the name of the condition when I'm home as on card)

Last edited:
Ok after a long chat, we have decided to try some very short extensions with the gel, so going too do that next week.

She had l&p extensions for years, so knows she gets on with them it's just she can't tolerate acrylic near her skin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back