Thought provoking thread! If you could go back or forward in time where would you go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Just refreshed on the comandments and realised we are supposed to do a thought provoking thread once a week! Heres my contribution, although it maybe a while before the next one!

If you could go back or forward in time where would you go and why?

Hmmm something about those fab puffy dresses that ladies wore in the 15th century makes me wanna go there! Would have loved to have been a member of the Royal court!

If i could go back in time it would be to be part of Henry the VIII court or Elizabeth I court.
I am fascinated by Tudor times/history and conspiracy's.
I would also love to go back in time and meet Jane Austin, and tell her how famous her books became.
she died very young aged about 41 I think and it was her brother who got a lot of her books published after she died, so it would be nice to tell her how many 21st century fans she has.

Well, if I could travel backwards and forwards in time, I would be Dr Who's new assistant wouldn't I???
That has always been my dream job especially since David Tennant took over!!!
Therefore I wouldn't care where or when I ended up.......I would just be happy to be having adventures with him!!! :Grope:

If i could go back in time it would be to be part of Henry the VIII court or Elizabeth I court.
I would also love to go back in time and meet Jane Austin, and tell her how famous her books became.
she died very young aged about 41 I think and it was her brother who got a lot of her books published after she died, so it would be nice to tell her how many 21st century fans she has.

OMG...:eek:...great minds think alike...
as soon as I saw the title...before I read any posts...I immediately thought... Henry VIII... I LOVE HIM....
ever since I did a project on him when I was 9!!!
I think he is the most fascinating person ever... chopping off heads...Greensleeves...Church of England...
I would love to go back in time to meet him ( with a big wrough iron band round my neck )...sit and eat chicken legs with him while his jesters made me laugh...eat sprouts and parp with him....

And...just because I am greedy I would love to go back to the 70's...so I could enjoy my dad more...enjoy my Tenby holidays again...enjoy being innocent and carefree and happy...plus it would be nice to believe in Santa Claus again ... although I still do...but when you are a child people don't think your nutty for it.

Yep me too, Love Henry the VIII!! Have you guys read "the other Boylen girl" by Phillippa Gregory - it's a fab read and a great spin on the actual story!

I would go back between the 1st and second world wars 1915 - 1939.

I think that this was the golden age of Britain - if you were rich.

I am a bit of an expert on Henry V111, but I wouldn't have wanted to live then - bit too primitive for me:)

oh Adele please tell us some gossip on good old Enery....

Yep me too, Love Henry the VIII!! Have you guys read "the other Boylen girl" by Phillippa Gregory - it's a fab read and a great spin on the actual story!

yes its great read her other stuff too, also alison weir does great books...biographical ones

I would go back between the 1st and second world wars 1915 - 1939.

I think that this was the golden age of Britain - if you were rich.

I am a bit of an expert on Henry V111, but I wouldn't have wanted to live then - bit to primitive for me:)

i would have probably been one of the wenches cleaning the scaffold.
heres a picture for you jackie
the actual place were anne boleyn and katherine howard where beheaded on the grounds of the tower of london
i went in february erie place especially knowing all the stuff that went on there

Attachments

• anne boleyn.jpg
    anne boleyn.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 68
If i could go back..it would be to a time when my daughter wasn't a know all stroppy teenager with attitude, my son shorter and less intimidating than me and when everything wasn't headed south!! :lol:

Right at this moment in time I would go back to before I had my op and not have had it done - ha ha!! Maybe time will change my mind on that when I have got over this latest hiccup.

Other than that either the time of Henry VIII as has already been said - all those lovely clothes - but no loos, baths oooooh the stink - so maybe not

or

ancient egypt - that stuff really fascinates me.

The final one would be to go back long enough to be able to be the first person to introduce enhancements to the UK and be a global megastar in the world of nails - now that really is dreaming, but a nice one eh?

Well I would firstly go forward in time to hear the results of a rollover lottery draw ... then I would go back in time and buy a ticket for it and pee my pants until I could tell anyone I had the winning ticket!

Well I would firstly go forward in time to hear the results of a rollover lottery draw ... then I would go back in time and buy a ticket for it and pee my pants until I could tell anyone I had the winning ticket!

just think of all the sprouts you could get with that winning ticket!!!!!

wow certainly is thought provoking hun, at first i was sat thinking ooh yes deffo the egyptians, watching pyramids being built (amazing feats of engineering etc)

or the period between the wars as adele said, great time if you had few bob, but then also the vikings and saxons intrest me too,

but then i had little flash of conscience, and realised the only time i would go back to, is the day before we had jamie, and id make them deliver me immediatly by caesarian (sp) and not leave me in labour, then i would have my lovely son with me instead of being sat here looking at his urn on the fireplace, so now feel guilty for not thinking of that immediatly lol

sorry feeling bit sad today, dont know why, occasionally just gets to me :rolleyes:

great thread hun, interesting to see so many people saying henry viii, must read up about him, he must be more interesting than i was taught at school, gonna see if library had the book you lot mentioned

xxxxxxx

I would go back to my previous life...... as Mary Magdelene:lol:

I would go back to my previous life...... as Mary Magdelene:lol:
Hussy!

I would go back and be Sarah Jane, one of Dr Who's old assistants, other than that I would go right back to Egypt to see if the extra terrestrials really did build the pyramids!

Hussy!

I would go back and be Sarah Jane, one of Dr Who's old assistants, other than that I would go right back to Egypt to see if the extra terrestrials really did build the pyramids!

I just knew you would try and get in on the act Cathie!.....I am Dr Who's assistant OK!!!!....you were too late I got the job!!!
(Sarah Jane? really?....you have a thing for Jon Pertwee?)

Great minds do think alike though.... I would like to see what extra terrestrials built the pyramids.
Maybe I could go back in time to the moon landings.....and see where they actually filmed it :lol:!!!

Hussy!

Cathie...how dare you!!!:lol:
sounds like she had a pretty good time to me:)

On a personal level I would go back 10 years and not dump my future hubby the first time we were an item!! (FYI -- we went out together when we were 15/16, i dumped him cos I didn't like all the attention he used to get! we bumped into each other 3 years ago and ended up together again)

On a historical level I would go back to the time of the mayan indians in central america

Could I be cheeky and ask to go back a little bit and then forward a bit?? if so, i'd pick my first option and then go forward 10 years to see whats happening in our family!

If i'm not allowed I'd take the second option, and get my moneys worth by going way way back!!!!! LOL!!

Great thread!

Latest posts

Back