thought provoking thread - what's your USP?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
so geeks what is your U.S.P

I have just been reading an artical by sassy which i have to say is fab !

so what is your unique selling point ?
how do you grab your clients ?
how do you advertise ?
whats different about you to any other nail technician out there ?

awaiting lots of interesting responses xxx:hug:

not a nail tech so don't know if I'm invited to participate?!!!

But, hey, thats never stopped me before!:)

My USP is that I am always 2 steps ahead of the competition. I offer treatments way before other therapists in my area.
I did Indian head massage about 4 years before it got 'big'. I did an ayurvedic therapy course 2 years ago and now thats all the mags go on about.

My next 2 ventures........???? Well that would be telling.:wink2:

so what is your unique selling point ?
I offer professional treatments in the comfort of client's own home, unlike anyone else I've seen advertising in my area.

how do you grab your clients ?
Either by advertising, word of mouth or them seeing my nails.

how do you advertise ?
In one publication only, I have a lineage advert and it has bought me new clientèle but it's different to being in the UK so probably not comparable.

I am the only mobile technician that I know of in my local area, I can also prove my qualifications which goes a long way where I live!
Good thread :green:

so what is your unique selling point ? I offer very natural looking nails in a relaxed home environment, yet totally professional, and as well as working during the school hours I offer evening appointments which suits working ladies very well.

how do you grab your clients ? tbh now they are usually recommendations

how do you advertise ? I don't, apart from the free lineage offered by Thomson & Yellow Pages

whats different about you to any other nail technician out there ? I care more, I think, from what my clients say. I care that they only get the very best by way of products and service, the shape of nail that suits them best, and good customer care and advice.

Excellent thread, shall enjoy reading these lol !

so what is your unique selling point ? That I am mobile therefore flexible, in regard to hours etc.
how do you grab your clients ? Tbh, I am still building my client base, but I have had people admiring my nails and I give them cards, I normally wear coloured acrylic as it is not done much around here.
how do you advertise ? On my car, have just got a website done but still adding pics, yell, leaflet drops and word of mouth.
whats different about you to any other nail technician out there ? As said the hours I can work and colours availibility in this area. I am willing to train and keep up with whats new, not just sit back and rest on laurels that I have qualified.

Fabby thread hun :hug:

I never kiss their butts, I offer them professional advice that often spins their little heads (I also offer a free sample which proves me correct) then I leave it up to them. I try not to offend (and if I do , it's in a funny manner which allows "them" to back down)...... the door has to be always left open for them to come crawling back:)

so what is your unique selling point ? That I offer a wide variety of treatments, and everything can be taylor made to suit the individual, my clients can see me in the comfort of their own home, my studio or the salon I work in.

how do you grab your clients ? My advertising is completely unlike every nail tech and beauty therapist locally, there is no pics of nails or any of the typical things on my ads they are very quirky, I have a black and white image of a 1950s style woman in ther undies kicking her leg out while she sits on a chair,my business name is UGLEES and my strap line is "if you havne'nt got it fake it!! and Uglees- for woman that fake it!! Its quirky and catchy, makes woman laugh, grabs peoples attention my ads are never forgotten!!

how do you advertise ?
i advertise in our local link mag, my hairdresser and I promote each other and hand out cards, I have car signs, I advertise in our local footnall club social bar and funtion room, I hand cards out everywhere.
Where I live there are hundreds of nail techs, so competition is fierce. I am not stereotypical, Im quite unique in my looks, as odd as it sounds it makes people remember me! I demonstrate and encourage woman that beauty therapy isnt for so called dolly birds its for everyone who wants a little me time and to feel good about themselves. I am also finding out now that I offer more as in coloured acrylics, different finishes, shapes etc. I am very down to earth so not only do my clients enjoy a treatment they feel like they have spent time with a good friend too. I also explain everything to my clients, what I will do, when I will do it, all thier options, the aftercare my feedback is always "oh the other therapist I saw didnt do all this!! with a very pleased look on thier face!!

My USP was always - sympathetic support for nailbiters. That's all I ever did! I just long to have some nice long nail plates to work on now, so have kept quiet about nail biters so far. Our main selling point in the salon I work in now is that we are small and friendly and offer the best treatments that have been extensively researched.

Advertising out here is much harder than in UK. There are loads and LOADS and EVEN MORE local mags, papers, publications all vying for business. We have chosen two that we think appeal to the female market and are sticking with those. Also we are going to print off loads of leaflets and leave them in every bar, restaurant, shop, doctor's surgery etc that will let us!

We're also trying to get a road sign that points to where we are. This is very common in Spain ... but with everything it takes time and loads of official forms to get it organised!

Most techs in town are board, except for one, and she doesn't quite get nails, I don't think.. Her's are extremely flat, very week. I just started training my new nail girl, and she is very excited as I do fun things and have techniques that she never learned.. Thanks to you GEEKS!

1: FUN
For a lot of my clients, their nails are the most exciting thing that happens to them, every two weeks, mostly because they are so involved with the decisions of what to do next. They get to be creative with me, and the possibilities are endless.. They know they have more than one option, they know that they are always getting something unique..A lot of techs in town limit their clients on their choices as it is easier for them.. I just charge more and my clients don't mind!!

2: NATURAL
I create natural looking nails, be it bright and colorful or pink and whites, their nails look like their nails would look naturally grown out.. I'm the only one in town that Custom Blends

3: KNOWLEDGEABLE
I make sure they are taken care of, I want my client to know fun facts, and why I do what I do.. And why I choose the products I do.. They love knowledge and feeling safe.. And I take continuing education for CND.

4: SERIOUS
Yes, I am very serious about my job, and they know I'm serious when I say, use your oil twice daily, or you need to quit picking and keep using your solar oil, because your causing trauma to you cuticles and that is why they are so damn hard.. Yeah thats my birthday girl 60 years old this month and calls me Mom!!

Great thread!!

Latest posts

Back