Thoughts on OPI LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennypenny1972

Reaction score
Hey fellow OPI geeks.

I'm wondering how you're all finding the new LED lamp? My trusty black lamp died on me last week after 4 years *sob* and I've bought the new white plastic one.

I've only used it on 5 clients so far and have had mixed comments. Three of them liked the finger placement but the other two kept getting in a right old muddle with it.
My GelColor has cured beautifully which has made me realise that the bulbs in the old one were probably not as effective by the end.
One client commented that by the end of the 30 second curing time, she was starting to worry that her hand was going to burn and we've all noticed that the top of the lamp gets really very hot. Is this normal?

Would love to know your thoughts and whether you've persevered with it or bought a different lamp?

Thanks,

Jenny

Hello, I love the new lamp (not that I had the black one) People do tend to find the hand guides a bit tricky on the first go but then they're fine. I think they're great as it ensures perfect curing. The only thing I'm not keen on is when I do a pedicure a lot of the time it doesn't come on straight away and I have to stick my finger in. The lamp is lightweight and simple but mine doesn't get very hot like you've said xx

Thanks for replying x

I agree with the heat , sometimes it really does feel as if your hand is burning , much preferred the old black style !x

I agree with the heat , sometimes it really does feel as if your hand is burning , much preferred the old black style !x
Yes, I'm having to be carful about that. X

Careful even!!

Hi
I'm keen to know where you got your new OPI lamp? I went on the GelColour by OPI course today and the representative said it hasn't come out yet? :)

Hey fellow OPI geeks.

I'm wondering how you're all finding the new LED lamp? My trusty black lamp died on me last week after 4 years *sob* and I've bought the new white plastic one.

I've only used it on 5 clients so far and have had mixed comments. Three of them liked the finger placement but the other two kept getting in a right old muddle with it.
My GelColor has cured beautifully which has made me realise that the bulbs in the old one were probably not as effective by the end.
One client commented that by the end of the 30 second curing time, she was starting to worry that her hand was going to burn and we've all noticed that the top of the lamp gets really very hot. Is this normal?

Would love to know your thoughts and whether you've persevered with it or bought a different lamp?

Thanks,

Jenny
Hi Jenny,
Is that the new lamp that came out a couple of weeks ago? I think there was a problem with the previous one getting hot and they have now put fans in. I hope it's not the new one as I have bought it but not tried it yet!
Sally

Hi Jenny,
Is that the new lamp that came out a couple of weeks ago? I think there was a problem with the previous one getting hot and they have now put fans in. I hope it's not the new one as I have bought it but not tried it yet!
Sally
Where did you manage to get the new lamp from? I was told it wasn't out yet but want to get it asap! :)

Where did you manage to get the new lamp from? I was told it wasn't out yet but want to get it asap! :)
Hi I got it from OPI but was on a waiting list for it.

Latest posts

Back