Thoughts on this colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Looking at doing my own hair this colour, my hair is bleached and toned so it's pure white, I was thinking of using 10 with a spot of /66 special mix ? Anyone done this colour ?

Just seen online it was actually photo shopped to that colour xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405200709.148187.jpg

Help if I attached the photo lol

That sounds good and also a bit of 0/88. The pic looks like it has some blue hues too

Good shout thanks Jamie xx

Sounds good but def do a strand test first...they special mixes can be quite dense especially the 0/88. Oh and let us see a pic if you go ahead with it 😀 x

Sounds good but def do a strand test first...they special mixes can be quite dense especially the 0/88. Oh and let us see a pic if you go ahead with it 😀 x

Thanks yeah my hair is quite porous so il be using literally a tiny spot of each mix, will do later xx

infiniti 9.2, or 7.2 for stronger lilac. Nicole richies hair isnt photoshopped, she uses pravana vivids which is an american brand, pravana vivids are semi permanent dyes. If you hair is porous i personally would use a semi permanent mix instead of an oxidising toner, much more conditioning and no added damage. Take something like directions "plum" and mix a dab of that with white conditioner, colour you see in the bowl is what you will get on the hair. Dont use crazy colour as it has loads of minging green undertones. This way you can make up a batch and keep topping your colour up when it fades (which it will after a few washes) without constantly opening your cuticles like you would with a toner.

infiniti 9.2, or 7.2 for stronger lilac. Nicole richies hair isnt photoshopped, she uses pravana vivids which is an american brand, pravana vivids are semi permanent dyes. If you hair is porous i personally would use a semi permanent mix instead of an oxidising toner, much more conditioning and no added damage. Take something like directions "plum" and mix a dab of that with white conditioner, colour you see in the bowl is what you will get on the hair. Dont use crazy colour as it has loads of minging green undertones. This way you can make up a batch and keep topping your colour up when it fades (which it will after a few washes) without constantly opening your cuticles like you would with a toner.

totally agree with this, I just recently done someone's hair and used mauve in the L'Oreal mix range and didn't even come out as nice as her hair was porous so looked very dull in colour and grabbed differently in places. I then used directions and went over it all, came out fab and I can keep it topped up without ruining her hair more as it only stains the cuticle. Yes it may fade quicker but get a good sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and keep hair in good conditioner and also rinse with warm-cool water rather then hot and it will help to maintain a tad longer. If you do use the directions with conditioner as this makes it into a pastel you can always add more so its darker/brighter in certain areas like the front as this is what it looks like in the pic and then just do this when washing your hair every time it needs it to keep on top of it. Think I may well have some plum in the cupboard so could try and do a test for you before buying :) xx

Her hair in that pic was photo shopped as i seen the original photo, I know she now has purple in her hair, that's great thanks il look at the above colours :) xx

And totally agree about the crazy colours iv experienced the horrendous green before and never used them again since xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405356124.413232.jpg

Can't seem to get a good angle for a photo lol , I used just a tiny tiny spot of the /66 and /88 with number 10 and I just lightly feathered it on as I decided I didn't want a full head of it, it's came out really well not just as exact as the pic , I only left on for 20 minutes as my hair tends to grab really quick so was a bit worried lol but overall really happy with the colour and that was a good tip adding the blue will maybe do it next week and do a full head xx

View attachment 70439

Can't seem to get a good angle for a photo lol , I used just a tiny tiny spot of the /66 and /88 with number 10 and I just lightly feathered it on as I decided I didn't want a full head of it, it's came out really well not just as exact as the pic , I only left on for 20 minutes as my hair tends to grab really quick so was a bit worried lol but overall really happy with the colour and that was a good tip adding the blue will maybe do it next week and do a full head xx

That colour looks really good! Just a bit darker than the pic but probs after a couple washes it will fade out more to the colour in pic x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405359795.335981.jpg

It's actually quite light just can't get a good photo lol x

Oh so it is, looks lovely x

I got my hair this colour by mixing adore semi perm purple mixed with conditioner it tends to wash out very quickly but isn't damaging to my hair which is the main thing xx

I bleached my hair then used wella 11/12 with 6% and it went the colour in the picture then you can buy a lilac can't remember the number though it works perfect! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405408158.574124.jpg

View attachment 70450

It's actually quite light just can't get a good photo lol x

Do you think you could make this colour with KP 0/65 mix? Ive made some great pinks but never purple with it xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back