Threading on client taking acne medication

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
One of my regular waxing clients has just been prescribed a 6 month course of acne medication so obviously won’t be able to continue with waxing. Could someone please confirm am I right in thinking she can have threading instead?
Thank you [emoji846]

It totally depends what type of medication it is. I had lymecycline/tetracycline and there was no worry about waxing it didn’t cause any issues.

Find out what it is first and research the effects as then you can use your personal judgement but also get the client to get a note from their gp if they still want it and it’s something strong like roaccutane. They do say avoid waxing with retin-a/retinola but if it isn’t a topical medicine then just don’t use wax on that area.

Threading would take you a long time unless it’s the face, so if it’s for big areas tell her to buy an epilator or shave for a while. The improvement to her skin will make those shaving stubbles worth it.

Latest posts

Back