Threading or waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suwiexx

Reaction score
Hi all im thinking about branching out im doing semi perm lash extentions and nails and i am thinking about doing waxing or threding but not sure which or even both any suggestions would be great. thanks susan

Hi, my personal preference would be waxing...it's much quicker but also a waxing course would teach you all areas of waxing not just brows. Some clients I have swear by threading although the majority stick to waxing. But as I say, just my own opinion. Hope this helps x

I am qualified in waxing but just completed a course on Threading on Monday, as my clients in the salon had been asking for it. I found it very difficult compared to waxing and it takes alot of getting used to. I feel I will have to practise everyday to get my confidence up until I feel prepared to charge for it.

However I personally get my eyebrows threaded and I love the shape I feel it is more refined than waxing, this is just my personal preference. Some clients say it is more painful.....xx

thanks girls, think im going to go for the waxing and then mabe later down the line add thredding aswell. great info xx

I know you're saying you have decided on waxing but I do lash extensions and would recommend you do threading (sorry to confuse you)! LOL

The reason is that it is such a quick treatment and you don't require any special equipment or preparation time.

When I have finished lashing a client, it is so easy for them to ask for a quick brow tidy (all I have to do is whip out my thread)!

There are also loads of places that do waxing in my area but I am one of very few therapists to offer threading. I have clients who find me when they are googling for "threading" and I can usually then upsell to add on a tint or even lash extensions.

Good point.. i didnt think of that i do lash extentions so would be a good idea, more courses lol thanks x

I know you're saying you have decided on waxing but I do lash extensions and would recommend you do threading (sorry to confuse you)! LOL

The reason is that it is such a quick treatment and you don't require any special equipment or preparation time.

When I have finished lashing a client, it is so easy for them to ask for a quick brow tidy (all I have to do is whip out my thread)!

There are also loads of places that do waxing in my area but I am one of very few therapists to offer threading. I have clients who find me when they are googling for "threading" and I can usually then upsell to add on a tint or even lash extensions.

I know threading sounds (and is) a service that takes great practice! As a personal preference I like threading much better. Hope this helps!

It's good to have both. I find i do equal amounts of both but waxing will earn you more money as you can charge a higher price.

Waxing for me.

I've been threading for nearly 18 years now so you know what I'm going to say! I do use wax sometimes as some(very few) clients prefer it and sometimes I use a bit of both. I like that I have the option of more than one method.

I have been doing waxing for 4 years now and qualified in threading around a year ago!
If your going to choose a course i would deffo choose waxing because u will get trained on all sorts of areas.
My customers prefure threading but if threading it not known or wanted in you area customers will be weary to try it out.

Latest posts

Back