Threading very wrinkled stretchy skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
Hello
I have some clients who have very, very wrinkled and stretchy skin around their eyes.
Threading these people is hard as it pulls the skin easily. Some have such deep furrows they are like folds.
The same clients often due to people older have problems pulling their skin properly. So I'm trying to thread loose skin and continually trying to get them to pull it taut fully. Even pulling folds the skin in some people.
I find it harder to get a clean line, I know it's hurting then more and I'm scared of nicking the skin.
Any advice please?
Thank you!

Why don't you just use tweezers?

Why don't you just use tweezers?

Because these clients are requesting threading. They don't want their brows plucked. I do pluck the strays at the end and refine but they want threading.

But you're in charge! They can't have it, they're contra indicated to the treatment. You can make something up like the roots being too strong, but at the end of the day they aren't suited to it (neither am I, the thread irritates my skin too much).

It is difficult on really mature skin as it is thin and wrinkled. But if your clients want it, and you are happy to offer the service i find it helps if you actually take you clients hands in your own, put their hands EXACTLY where you want them to stretch, and do the stretch yourself until the skin is taut, then tell them to hold it there!
Sounds bossy I know (I AM bossy with my clients LOL) but you asking someone to stretch the skin and showing them how to stretch the skin can be two very different things xx

I agree with Elliebee, some clients like what they like so it is difficult to change their minds otherwise.

I would perhaps do section by section, making sure they stretch the areas fully and then get them to hold it before moving on to the next bit. Move their hands if you need to, showing you exactly where you want them to hold so it's easier for you, and you aren't snagging any looser bits of skin in the progress.

That's great advice. Thanks [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back