Threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBella

Reaction score
Morning Geeks,

Looking at courses for next year and wanting to do threading.

Just wondering, for those of you who trained in this technique, how long was your course and how ready did you feel for working on clients after?

I know with any new treatment there is a need to practice before working on clients but I'm trying to decide which course would be best. I love threading and really want to offer it so any advice from all you threaders out there would be great!
Jen x

I did a 1day course through NSI in Glasgow and then had to practise on the girls in the salon. Picked it up really quickly and was threading clients very soon afterwards. Just depends on you and how confident you are with it.. You could offer it as an offer to get it off the ground by advertising to your clients for models and explain that you have recently just finished training. Good luck.

Thanks for that, good to know you got on well with it.
There's courses from 1 day to 1 week that I've seen so far and I'm guessing the only difference is the amount of practice you get to do in the actual class.
Just hard to know what course to go for, the ones I'm looking at are all certified.
I'm confident with eye treatments and brows etc and would plan to do a number of models first before offering it as a service.

Good luck on whichever one you decide on.

We trained mid september but are only starting to charge for it around now as it is quite a technique. Not so much the upper lip or facial hair which are pretty easy really but brow shaping can be tricky epecially if they are new to brow tidying and have course bushy eyebrows :(! Fine just removing the fine hairs under the brow but both of us have taken our time on actual re-shapes and if I'm honest it still concerns us a little. We have offered it free for a couple of 'one off' threading days on FB etc and have practiced that way. One of the girls who used to work with us has been doing it for years now but I always remember her saying it was around 6 months before she felt truly relaxed about it. I guess you'll know yourself when you feel competent enough to charge customers but don't get too stressed about it as it's so quick and doesn't cost you much, if anything really, to do!! x

Latest posts

Back