threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Whilst in the Merry Hill centre yesterday(visiting inlaws in West Brom)I saw an advert for eyebrow threading.£5.50 for special offer of brow waxing.

Well...I have been asked by many clients what threading was like,was it painful etc,etc.So I thought,never one to miss an opportunity,and I needed my brows doing considering I only have 1 arm at present:eek:and cant do my own brows,that I would have them done.

Anyway,had brows done,I have to say that the therapist was very nice and professional,but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would say it was less painful than waxing.

Give me waxing anyday,fab to have the experience and brows look better now they've had a revamp but I think I will stick to my waxing/tweezers rather than the old cotton treatment.Glad to be able to tell clients I have had it done and that it feels like someone is peeling away my skin with a piece of cotton,lol:eek:Only kidding guys,anyone else had it done,and what did you think?????

I am trained in threading but only have it "by arrangement" on my brochure.

I couldn't agree more I found it painful

I haven't had it done myself but would like to !

The therapist that rented the room before me did threading and lots of her clients that now come to me had it and they either love it or hate it !

Some of said it is really painful and the hair grows back strange ??!

As soon as I find somewhere near me that offers it im going to try.

Was the shape more defined ?

I am with you on this one Babs, it kills!! Only had it done once by a fellow geek - never again. I'll stick to good old sugaring and tweezers thanks very much.

I did think about training in this once but have only ever been asked for it twice.

The shape was no more defined than when I wax/tweez my brows,then again I always wondered how it could be given the principle between waxing,tweezering and threading are all the same.

Didn't half have red brows after though,it was an experience,lets put it that way.:lol:

HI, I have lately been thinking about doing training in threading. As I have heard it gives a better result than waxing eyebrows, and it is not as painfull.

Just goes to show, it doesnt work for everybody

Sounds just like Marmite - you either love it or hate it!

Still curious though myself so think I may have threading done one day, just so I havent missed out! :lol:

HI, I have lately been thinking about doing training in threading. As I have heard it gives a better result than waxing eyebrows, and it is not as painfull.

Just goes to show, it doesnt work for everybody
As I said before, I cant see how it can give a better result than waxing,the hair is being pulled out from the follicle,I think it's an old wives tale tbh:green:But it's a damned site cheaper than waxing or other forms of hair removal,so guess it's got it's plus points.

I would like to train in it myself if I had enough call,but we dont so I think I would be wasting my money,it looks like a real art form and if you didn't have enough clients who wanted it then it would be difficult to get the practice in.

Have tried waxing and threading, but waxing wins for me every time ... yikes, threading is so painful :Scared:

I LOVE threading. Wouldn't have my eyebrows waxed for anything.

I think that some people find the sensation of the thread moving across the skin weird and think that they are being hurt. Some people also don't like the sound the thread makes ....

Obviously, it the technician knows what he/she is doing, it will be quick and not painful at all. Some technicians can press the thread to hard into the skin which is painful.

It's all down to skill, just like everything else.

Marlise

my salon is close to merry hill and i have had my eye brows threaded at the same place and i agreed the girls there are lovley but i would never ever have them done again as it hurt so bad:irked:

but i must admit they looked neater than when i have them waxed

Whilst in the Merry Hill centre yesterday(visiting inlaws in West Brom)I saw an advert for eyebrow threading.£5.50 for special offer of brow waxing.quote]

I was there too!! Did you go too the stand In debenhams or the one by Mcdonalds

Hi, have you seen that threading tool (seen it on ebay), not sure what its called. Does it work and what are the results?

bye

Hi, have you seen that threading tool (seen it on ebay), not sure what its called. Does it work and what are the results?

bye

What threading tool ?

You perform facial threading using cotton thread only, no tool !!

Could it perhaps be some other kind of threading you are referring too ?

Marlise

Whilst in the Merry Hill centre yesterday(visiting inlaws in West Brom)I saw an advert for eyebrow threading.£5.50 for special offer of brow waxing.quote]

I was there too!! Did you go too the stand In debenhams or the one by Mcdonalds
The one by McDonalds,2 ladies who were a joy.Small world eh chuck,and to think I live down south and stumbled upon the stand purely by accident.:green:

Hi, no it was an eyebrow threading tool, of some sorts, with a handle, not the conventional cotton between the fingers.

Who Knows!

i own a threading and lash bar in stratford upon avon (just opened last wed !! - was mobile before) anyway, threading can be painful especially on the upper lip but it also depends on the person doing the treatment, threaders have what we call 'different hands' so some can give you a less painful experience. i've been told by many of my clients. so please dont give up on threading too soon, try someone else in your area first, preferably a salon and not one of those stands in shopping centres. sita X

I've had it done by some sadistic girls in the past who've sent me out with bleeding skin, and looking as if I've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. On the other hand I've had it done by fellow threading students who've left me with nary a red patch and little or no discomfort, so I think it's down to the threader and her technique.

I did my threading course a couple of weeks ago and had 2 students practising on me after we had threaded whatever we could on our models.....I didn't find it painful as such.....more "nippy" iykwim........it made my eyes water a bit, but then the same thing happens when I tweeze!

Latest posts

Back