thumb position when sculpting with gel ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach269

Reaction score
hi peeps......

OK so this may sound daft but up until now I have never come across anyone that

couldn't hold there thumb with the form on like Id showed them........but the other day

doing a new client put the form on her thumb sculpted out with white gel then explained

and showed her how to hold her thumb under the lamp for 2 Min's all was going good

thought she had it.....then she takes her hand out disaster she had squashed the form

the gel had going all over :cry:.

Tryed again but she couldn't get it:smack:

is there different ways for doing thumbs when sculpting with gel ?

come on guys give me some tips :green::hug:

you could get her to hold the thumb just in front of the lamp so it starts to cure and then get her to go in the lamp and start the timer again for a full cure. x

you could get her to hold the thumb just in front of the lamp so it starts to cure and then get her to go in the lamp and start the timer again for a full cure. x

great tip thanks hun I will definatly give this ago next time :hug:

I have had this myself where you explain to keep the thumb upright etc, then when they take the thumb out of the lamp, it has all slid down to one side.

I do have some clients that can't hold their thumb flat, so i tend to do their thumbs separately so then they can hold the lamp so their other four fingers are underneath and only the thumb is in the lamp, will that help you. You can do both thumbs at the same time.

I have had this myself where you explain to keep the thumb upright etc, then when they take the thumb out of the lamp, it has all slid down to one side.

I do have some clients that can't hold their thumb flat, so i tend to do their thumbs separately so then they can hold the lamp so their other four fingers are underneath and only the thumb is in the lamp, will that help you. You can do both thumbs at the same time.

I did try this but she still managed to make a total disaster of them lol :smack: she said she thought the lamp would burn her so she thought she'd put them as close to the bottom as possible even though I showed her just how to hold them :rolleyes:

Bluetack her thumb inside the lamp or hold her hand while you do the thumbs.

Bluetack her thumb inside the lamp or hold her hand while you do the thumbs.
or maybe nail glue :green: yep I think this is the answer holding her hand :lol::green:

or maybe nail glue :green: yep I think this is the answer holding her hand :lol::green:

pmsl...hold her hand the first couple of times and she will get the hang of it eventually. Explain why to her....some people don't realise.
Good luck:hug:

:)

What really works great is placing a buffing block inside the uv lamp, and having the client rest their thumb on top of the buffing block.

Janet
the nail fairy:hug:

Latest posts

Back