Tightlacing/waist training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_tink

Reaction score
Hello
I'm just wondering if any if you do tight lacing as I've just started and looking for other people to see what your experience had been like with it.
Feel free to either respond to this thread or pm me.
Thanks
Sarah :)

Ah you're going to have to educate me . . . . what is it?

Curious too...

I have done tightlacing in the past, its a very common thing in the goth community. Its works a treat too!! The hardest thing about it is learning how to go about your day whilst laced up, you cant sit down except for in a hard backed chair, you cant eat a meal properly, but its worth it because you look amazing!! I still have some waist trainers which I might get back into one of these days.

For those who dont know, waist training/tightlacing is the practice of wearing a particular type of corset that is very tightly laced, over time this slowly adjusts the position of your lower ribs and organs to give you a tiny waist and hourglass figure, it was very popular in victorian times which is why women used to faint a lot, and in modern times is popular within gothic and BDSM communities.:wink2:

Sounds horrendous! And dangerous!

Good grief! Surly this causes internal damage?
I only have to wear my 'bridgets' for a couple hours and I'm done in! 

It's not dangerous at all. When you are pregnant your organs move and re adjust themselves to accommodate the baby and its kind of the same principle as long as its done within reason. There are dangers if you take it to the extreme, but hey there's dangers with a lot of things if you take them to the extreme! The biggest issue is with fainting because girls lace themselves in too tightly and the bloodflow cant reach the upper parts of the body. It's not something you should just decide "oh I think I'll have a go at that", you need to get proper instruction how to do it, it really is an art, but done properly the results are truly amazing. I still have some waist training corsets and when I've lost a bit of weight I plan to get back into them. Granted, its not for everyone, but each to their own! :Love:

Well it sounds madness to me. I like my elasticated waists-lol
Wouldn't it make your muscles lazy? If your corset is tight then it kind of supports you doesn't it and then the muscles don't need to work.
I have visions of people wearing corsets for weeks and then when they take them off, they just slump to the floor unable to support their weight :eek:

Well it sounds madness to me. I like my elasticated waists-lol
Wouldn't it make your muscles lazy? If your corset is tight then it kind of supports you doesn't it and then the muscles don't need to work.
I have visions of people wearing corsets for weeks and then when they take them off, they just slump to the floor unable to support their weight :eek:

haha no I cant say I've ever noticed any muscle weakness. The corset makes you walk and sit tall and with a straight back so you have no choice but to be using those muscles.

I think Dita Von Teese looks fabulous and it suits her image, but for me personally I dont think I could pull the look off.

Surely it would make your hips/bum look enormous? ( I can carry this look off already thanks!)

Oh my god! That is just plain madness!

Hey chelle thanks for your response. I've just started and only taking it slowly as I want to get used to it. I slept in it for the first time last night only done up loosely.
I am only doing it to achieve more of an hour glass figure as I'm small but pretty straight up and down at the moment.

It's actually not dangerous if done correctly and it amuses me that people try to make it out to be some awful thing without doing the research first! And looking at pics of people who have done it to the extreme is not a good way to judge it! I'm only planning on waist training down a few inches. Most people have their nails done, dye their hair etc etc!
Plus chelle is right that the effect of waist training is no worse than being pregnant and carrying a baby but I don't come across people saying "oh how awful what are you doing to your body" to pregnant women!
Personally I'd rather have a nice body with a nice waist than a post pregnancy belly! Lol.
Each to their own! :)

What happened to healthy eating and exercise? :rolleyes:

The woman in the link looks deformed.

What rubbish. But each to his own.

What happened to healthy eating and exercise? :rolleyes:

The woman in the link looks deformed.

What rubbish. But each to his own.

I dont think its a weight loss issue more of a shape issue - i think most likely to do this are the slim 'boy' body type. I cant even wear a belt i end up with tummy ache!!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yes your right it is shape rather than weight! I'm slim but want to be a bit more curvy. I have been skinnier than I am now and a tad bigger but my shape is always the same so it's nothing to do with weight.

Some people carrying extra weight lose weight whilst waist training as it helps them to eat less without feeling hungry. It encourages the wearer to eat smaller meals more frequently which is healthier.

The pics on that link are of extreme cases and not all waist trainers aim for that look. I certainly don't as I don't think it's attractive. For me it's not about having the tiniest waist just a smaller waist in proportion to my body. A lot of the old film stars used to do it and they were admired for their figures so it's not about looking weird it's about looking good. It's just some people take it too far which then gives people the wrong impression of it. :)

Hellooo Pink_Tink! Glad to see a thread like this as it's not very commonplace. I did it for a little while although I wasn't very disciplined with it so I didn't notice too much of a difference however an ex girlfriend of someone I know also does it & her body is to die for! It's just the perfect shape, not to an extreme! I think it's beautiful & the feeling of being laced tightly into a corset cannot be replicated, amazing!

Good luck & make sure you use good quality corsetry :) x

I just think it's sad that people will subject themselves to this practice.
Being a certain size or looking a certain way is not going to make you happy.
Happiness comes from within.

Being a certain size or looking a certain way might not make you ultimately happy, but neither does dyeing your hair or having your nails done which is why most of us are here in the first place. You should do what makes YOU happy & not follow someone elses idea of happy.

& if I look in the mirror & I like how I look, it bl**dy well does make me happy ^.^

(please don't take this personally, it was intended to be lighthearted)

Latest posts

Back