TIGI Hair Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Just wondering what you Hair Pros think of TIGI Shampoo & Conditioner ?

I have been using the Dumb Blonde S&C for about 6 months then started getting a really dry, flaky scalp so changed to the Honey & Oatmeal & now every time I wash my hair it feels really sticky and heavy after Ive washed it :irked: :irked:

Ive been using it about 3 Weeks now & have tried putting more/less on each time but it hardly makes a difference. Am I doing something wrong or is it the products ?

Every salon I have been to that uses TIGI raves about the Honey & Oatmeal which is why I can't understand why Im having problems ?

whooop! Time to deep cleanse and chelate your hair. Sounds like you are getting a buildup.
I personally do not like TIGI because of this. Buildup. Doesn't seem to wash out of the hair clean.

If you take a 1 tsp of bakingsoda to one cup warm water and in the shower, wet your hair down and pur this solution over the top of your hair and rub it in like you are shampooing and then rinse..condition well and you should be set and ready.
If your flakes continue, I would be looking into another source of it. like diet, stress, weather conditions..hormones.. and you might want to try Nioxin , it is a scalp cleansing line.

What works for one maynot work for the next one. :D

Thanks Jayne :green:

I will try the baking soda tip tomorrow.

If I used a tiny amount of S&C would this make a difference ? Or would I be using to little to effectively wash my hair ?

LOl What is S&C?
If S& C is bakingsoda..then you really should use at least 1 tsp bakingsoda with 1 cup warm water. Any less and you are not getting the buildup off.
The orginial reciepe calls for 1 Tablespoon. I lessened it already for you. ;)

So if S& C is not bakingsoda..this post was a total waste of space. :D

I dont like Tigi shampoo and conditioners, but i love the styling roducts!

The best shampoos ive used are joico, and kera silk by goldwell.

LOl What is S&C?
If S& C is bakingsoda..then you really should use at least 1 tsp bakingsoda with 1 cup warm water. Any less and you are not getting the buildup off.

Roflmfao Jayne S = shampoo and C= conditioner :green:

If i were you Juliette i would be heading back to my hairdresser with my products,it's all well and good retailing,but by retailing incorrect products for you she has caused problems.

Im no Hair geek, But I love the Brunette goddess S&C, they leave my hair squeaky clean and so shiney and smelling fab! xx

Roflmfao Jayne S = shampoo and C= conditioner :green:

If i were you Juliette i would be heading back to my hairdresser with my products,it's all well and good retailing,but by retailing incorrect products for you she has caused problems.
:rolleyes: but of course it stands for shampoo and cond. :o LOL didn't know if it was a brand of bakingsoda that you guys use over in the UK..

Anyways, Yes Becki is right. Go back to your stylist and get something that isn't going to get you a scalp problem again.
By using the product after getting rid of the buildup..is like...eating something you are allergic to, taking a antihistamine to get rid of the rash and then eating it again.. eh?:lol:

LOl What is S&C?

LMAO as Becki said i meant Shampoo & Conditioner but was being lazy lol

I bought it from the salon I work at but feel a bit funny saying its made my hair worse :confused: If it was from another salon I would take it back.

I tried the bakin soda trick as jayne pointed out....BOy i thought my hair had turned to life again....:lol:

Its amazing what "our grandmothers taught us"...LOL

I find most "hair detoxifiers " can strip the hair of oils and the baking soda followed by my conditioner worked a trick!

Having to straighten and use loads of serums and product to protect the hair can really build up my hair,its really difficult striking that balance....but now the baking soda goes "everywhere":!:

LMAO as Becki said i meant Shampoo & Conditioner but was being lazy lol

I bought it from the salon I work at but feel a bit funny saying its made my hair worse :confused: If it was from another salon I would take it back.

I am sure it would be better for them to know,if they are recomending products which are causing problems they could have lost a fortune as well has having a detrimental effect on the salons reputation.

I know it seems a bit extreme but if you were a member of the public rather than staff,you would have mentioned how bad it was anytime someone spoke about Tigi products and there it starts iykwim.

I would want to know if had i made a mistake or didn't know enough about the products i retail :D

I am sure it would be better for them to know,if they are recomending products which are causing problems

I would want to know if had i made a mistake or didn't know enough about the products i retail :D
I know that making a one worded post is a no no.but there is only one word for this..

Exactly!! spot on! opps that's 3 words.:eek:
If we don't hear about it, we can't learn from it

Jayne :o:o:o stop ...........nope carry on :D :D :D

Just wondering what you Hair Pros think of TIGI Shampoo & Conditioner ?

I have been using the Dumb Blonde S&C for about 6 months then started getting a really dry, flaky scalp so changed to the Honey & Oatmeal & now every time I wash my hair it feels really sticky and heavy after Ive washed it :irked: :irked:

Ive been using it about 3 Weeks now & have tried putting more/less on each time but it hardly makes a difference. Am I doing something wrong or is it the products ?

Every salon I have been to that uses TIGI raves about the Honey & Oatmeal which is why I can't understand why Im having problems ?
Hi juliette,I too have been using the honey and oatmeal s&c from tigi and I too have been left with heavy, 'hard to do anything' with hair.I think it maybe that its ok as a once in a while treatment but not an every day wash and cond.Now my only problem is what to do with the massive salon size pumps of the stuff I bought off ebay!!Trying to palm it off on my little boy and my partner and my sister and anybody who will use it!!xx

Hi juliette,I too have been using the honey and oatmeal s&c from tigi and I too have been left with heavy, 'hard to do anything' with hair.I think it maybe that its ok as a once in a while treatment but not an every day wash and cond.Now my only problem is what to do with the massive salon size pumps of the stuff I bought off ebay!!Trying to palm it off on my little boy and my partner and my sister and anybody who will use it!!xx

I have found away around it at last.

Mix the shampoo with the conditioner on the 2nd cleanse and then condition as normal, Ive had no probs since and have also been alternating it with another Tigi shampoo.

I did let the salon know where I work that I have found it to heavy, but I didn't ask for a refund.

so should i be washing my hair twice ? xx

Gigi put some information on here last year regarding ingredients in shampoos etc
one is laurelle and the other ingredient laurelth, once i changed to the laurelth shampoos i didnt get that flaky scalp anymore.

HTH

just wanted to say thanks as i can now use tigi,however what i do is wash once then wash again with cond&shampoo and dont condition again and it seems to do the trick!

Latest posts

Back