Time of year

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,
Just wondering if anyone else is quiet for nails at the minute?
I've only been doing nails since March and I was due to start in a shop tomorrow but all clients have cancelled so I'm having to start on Saturday which I only gave 2 people in? (only working 2-6pm)
Gutted as I was looking forward to starting :(

I'm quite quiet just now tbh.
Maybe run a competition on your page for you starting in the shop! Good Luck :D xx

Hiya,
Just wondering if anyone else is quiet for nails at the minute?
I've only been doing nails since March and I was due to start in a shop tomorrow but all clients have cancelled so I'm having to start on Saturday which I only gave 2 people in? (only working 2-6pm)
Gutted as I was looking forward to starting :(
I've been renting a room in a salon for 7 years now and without a doubt November is the quietest month of the year , everyone is buying for Xmas and are hanging on till their Xmas party's to get their nails and beauty treatments I use this time to concentrate on generating new clients I offer cut price treatments to customers having their hair done or use this time of year to do courses and starting new treatments , so don't get disheartened most salons are slack this time of year X

I'm quite quiet just now tbh.
Maybe run a competition on your page for you starting in the shop! Good Luck :D xx
Yeah a competition sounds like a good idea actually! Thank you :) x

I've been renting a room in a salon for 7 years now and without a doubt November is the quietest month of the year , everyone is buying for Xmas and are hanging on till their Xmas party's to get their nails and beauty treatments I use this time to concentrate on generating new clients I offer cut price treatments to customers having their hair done or use this time of year to do courses and starting new treatments , so don't get disheartened most salons are slack this time of year X
Thanks,glad it's not just me,don't mind people cancelling but because it happened to be on my first day it have me abit of a knock back! Thanks for replying :) xx

Thanks,glad it's not just me,don't mind people cancelling but because it happened to be on my first day it have me abit of a knock back! Thanks for replying :) xx
Same here just started 6 wks back after a yr off and clients are so few, hopefully pickup nearer xmas x

Yes, October and November really quiet. I am mobile and my regulars are 'taking a break' but have already booked dec appointments. Scary when you first do these months but it picks back up dont worry x

Everyone's comments have made me feel a lot better,thought it was just me! Probably picked the wrong time to be starting in a shop! Haha xx

Don't worry, it's a funny time of year. Just make sure you use the free time productively.
I work a 46-50 hour week back to back and I am fully booked a month or more in advance in the summer, last week was chocca but the next two weeks are very gappy, next week I'm only around 65% full. These next couple of weeks people are either holding out till Xmas or have had shorter apt gaps so it fits in with their last one being closer to Xmas which results in a quiet period.
Don't loose heart, just make sure you are doing something else for your business.
It's not just you xx

Latest posts

Back