Time taken to do full set of eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflatie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am fairly new to eyelashes, only a couple of months in but I feel i am progressing well. My problem is the time it takes to get a full set it.
I spend about an hour and after this time I have a fairly full set in but would like to spend more time filling in to make sure they are very full and a proper full set. Then thing is i find my clients have had enough after about an hour, they become fidgety and some times their eyes began to water.
I tend to feel under pressure and then stop. Whilst the lashes are good, I am not totally happy as I would prefer to have put more in. The last set i did were really good just not enough in the inside corner but i stopped as her eyes ere watering. She is happy with them but i know they could look a lot better with the corners complete.
How long do you experienced lashers take to do a full set? Am i being over conscious about time. How do you deal with fidgeters :Scared:

Sx

Hi, I think you're doing really well after just a couple of months!
How many lashes do you think you've applied in the hour?

I usually take 1.5 hours and apply approx 80 lashes. Sometimes a little longer if the client has loads of lashes!

Firstly make your client aware how long it will take. Put a cushion behind the knees so that she doesn't get back ache. Put some music on so she can relax and tell her it's fine if she falls asleep (most of mine do!)
Does everyones eyes water? It could be down to the vapours in room?
Open a window a little for ventilation, check the pads aren't under the lids and use the air blower
Hope this helps x

Thanks for this. The cushion under the knees is a good idea.
I have wondered if my pads are aggravating the eyes.
Do you al tape and then pad or just use the pads? I was trained to just tape but I prefer the pads.

Sx

I was trained with the tape too but I always use the pads.
X

I'm an experienced lasher and a full set takes me 1.5 hrs, infills are 30 mins. You are either working extremely fast to do a full set in an hour or maybe not putting enough lashes on, just explain to your clients how long they should expect it to take, make sure they are very comfy and warm with soft music playing and as said above 99% of mine fall asleep, even on an in-fill!! x

I am not getting a full set in an hour, I am managing I get a decent amount in so that it looks fairly good, but I know that's haven't got every single lash.
I think I have an unrealistic expectation that I need to get them done in a certain amount of time. I need to relax! I don't want to give up but feeling a bit down about it.
I also need to establish if my pads are hindering or helping. If you use pads do you tape first?

Sx

I'm new to this as well and I thought I was getting faster and more confident to then do a set last night - struggled the whole time - really didnt get into it - client kept talking, friend came to watch and chat as well over 2hrs and could have still done more - HARD WORK!

It really isn't easy when the client talks - so soothing music and a doze sounds fab!!

I'm new to this as well and I thought I was getting faster and more confident to then do a set last night - struggled the whole time - really didnt get into it - client kept talking, friend came to watch and chat as well over 2hrs and could have still done more - HARD WORK!

It really isn't easy when the client talks - so soothing music and a doze sounds fab!!

Unfortunately you do get a few that like to talk, especially with their hands!!
For a 1st time client I just explain that I'm quiet when lashing as I'm in the 'zone'
I do say a few things but generally "ooh" and "aah"
Hth x

I'm still on 1 1/2 to 45 mins and I feel i could put more on. If a client tells me that they get watery eyes then I always tape first the pad over the top and it works a treat!:)

I'm always around one hour forty five to two hours!!

I do lash every lash viable i can route out!!!

Love it!!!

xxxx

I feel a lot better now and will continue to work at my speed.. I do enjoy it but just felt frustrated. Its great to speak to others in the same boat and doing the same thing :)

Can i ask, I was never trained to tape the top lash but i have seen a few other people but a strip of micropore vertically down the top lash. What is this for?

Sam

I feel a lot better now and will continue to work at my speed.. I do enjoy it but just felt frustrated. Its great to speak to others in the same boat and doing the same thing :)

Can i ask, I was never trained to tape the top lash but i have seen a few other people but a strip of micropore vertically down the top lash. What is this for?

Sam

This should say top eyelid not lash!!

just make sure u tell your client as she books in, for a full set it WILL take up to 90mins! If they are fidgety and want u to finish after an hour make sure u let them know that for the full effect its better to carry on but it is their choice to finish early and only have an average set.

Most clients appreciate its a time consuming treatment and if they do want that super full effect and get their moneys worth they need to realise it will take longer!

What I'd do for 90mins laying on a couch!!

plus you;re doing great getting your timings down after only a couple of months! well done!!
xx

oh and forgot to say,

i was trained with tape and pads...

the tape holds the lashes down and the pads make it more comforatble for the client, so both is always a winner :)

Sam

The vertical tape is to lift the lashes off the eye pad if the lashes are very straight and touching the pad this prevents sticking the lashes to the pads. I usually do this but I use sensitive no fume glue I would be careful if using fumey glue with this technique HTH

Ahhh makes sense! My glue tends to be fumy so may avoid doing this but does sound like a useful tip x

I take 1.5 hours to make a full set, in this time I will use all usable lashes. Most of my clients fall a sleep and this started happening since I invested in electric blanket! It relaxes clients muscles, warms them gently and makes them fall a sleep. It is a great investment. Also always let your clients know that they are coming for treatment which can take up to 2 hours. Good Luck!

I take 1.5 hours to make a full set, in this time I will use all usable lashes. Most of my clients fall a sleep and this started happening since I invested in electric blanket! It relaxes clients muscles, warms them gently and makes them fall a sleep. It is a great investment. Also always let your clients know that they are coming for treatment which can take up to 2 hours. Good Luck!

Brilliant idea!

Latest posts

Back