Time to close the book club?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
Firstly I'd like to apologise to Izzi, after taking over the reins of the book club I feel I have let her down:cry:
I'm afraid that I have decided that I can not run the book club and feel that it is probably time to end it.

This month despite the positive feedback to carry on with it there has been little feedback on this months read.

I can't force you to par-take and I know we all lead busy lives but I think the club has now had it's time.

What do you guys think?

I didnt know there was a book club. Where is it??? I'm up for it!

ETA: OK - I've found slightly more info now, but not any discussion thread. Is this on facebook or something?! Maybe if it was slightly clearer where the chat was, more people would get involved? From my 5 minute search, all I can find is polls for which book to read. Well done for taking it over, bubbabinks, and I hope it continues.

Last edited:
What book club? Didn't know there was one?:eek: More info please :)

WELL DONE BUBBABINKS :hug:.........I feel your pain!

I know exactly how you feel............but I have had an idea!!!:idea:

Why not make Book Club like the Film Club....and people can just go in and recommend books as and when they feel like it and have read one...with different discussions going on.
That way there is no pressure on anyone to 'organise' a book to read or to have read it by a certain time.

Ok peole will still need reminding from time to time it's there...but it would definitely be better than chucking it altogther.

Izzi that sounds like a fantastic idea, not everyone can get hold of the recommended read and may not want to spend out.
I'm up for that and no one needs to run it just post about their book when they're done.

I didnt know there was a book club. Where is it??? I'm up for it!

ETA: OK - I've found slightly more info now, but not any discussion thread. Is this on facebook or something?! Maybe if it was slightly clearer where the chat was, more people would get involved? From my 5 minute search, all I can find is polls for which book to read. Well done for taking it over, bubbabinks, and I hope it continues.

It's in the groups if you look under community then select groups you should find us in there, there's over 40 members so I don't think it's finding us that's the problem:lol:

Thanks for that, bubba! I've only been on the forums so far, and didnt really explore the site - which is why I didnt find the book club. I've joined now, and am away to make a recommendation on your new thread. x

Latest posts

Back