Time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj_2k4

Reaction score
How long does it take a professional nail technician to do a full set of 10? I am still training and at the moment it takes me about 3 hours. will i get faster at this? How long did it take some of you to get to about an hour to do a full set of 10?
I hope me speed picks up!!!!!!

cheers xxx

Don't worry too much about your time. just concentrate on yout technique then the time seems to reduce itself. My first sets used to take me 5 hours so you aren't doing bad.

I now do a full set od L&P pink and whites in about 2 1/2 hours. But i've only been doing it since January. Plus i've just found a product that when i've applied i virtually needs no fileing because it goes on so smooth. At the end of the day you need to get the product on smoothly so you don't waste time fileing it off. Thats what used to take the time up with me.

Practise, practise, Practise is the only thing that will bring your time down, but 3 hours ain't bad.

lj_2k4 said:
How long does it take a professional nail technician to do a full set of 10? I am still training and at the moment it takes me about 3 hours. will i get faster at this? How long did it take some of you to get to about an hour to do a full set of 10?
I hope me speed picks up!!!!!!

cheers xxx

sawasdee ka

when i learn my speed was about 3 half hours or 4 hours the speed will get better i think you need to do about 30 sets and you can look in an other thread about speed there you will see geeg give some advice how to find time and not lose quality .

Thank you mui

Go to the search option above and put in timing

You will find lots to read and many answers to your questions!

What is the obsession with time? Yeah when you start a full set takes 3 hours plus. But the more often you do them the quicker your time. As long as you warn your client how long it takes they won't mind as long as the end result is good. It all comes down to customer service. If i need to I can do a full set in an hour, but this is if I virtually ignore the client and "put my head down and get on with it".. I usually take 1 hour 30 mins so the client doesn't feel rushed and as though they have been ripped off. How often do you hear of the competitioan " I felt like I was on a conveyor belt, they wanted to get me in and out as quick as they could and totally ignored me". But I will take 2 hours if I need to as a consultation can take up to 15 mins if they have had a bad experience elsewhere.

In short, your speed will get there little by little, just enjoy what you are doing and enjoy spending such a long time with your clients to really get to know them

sawasdee ka

I think the professionals have set a time it is about 1 hour 30 mins to do a set of good quality nails .

When we start we can maybe take 3 hours or more i take nearly 4 hours BUT no customers want to sit for 3 or 4 hours .

We must practice and take our time to the same time as the professionals with good quality nails i can do a set in 1 and half hours but i take near 2 hours because i speak too much but i think 1and half hours is a good time and 3 or 4 hours no problem for new nail tech but you can not stay doing this time you mjust have your time down to 1 to 2 hours .

Only what i think.

Thank you mui

My first set took me something like 4 hours I think! Now I do a set in an hour and a half, which is an average kind of time and I think most salons are around the same. Don't worry, you'll get your time down eventually - just practice, practice, practice! ;)

When I was in beauty school (1999), it took me 2 hours to do a full set. Once I got out in salons, I realized that clients do NOT want to sit there all day. They will be extremely annoyed. That alone was enough motivation for me to get my technique together...and STOP TALKING SO MUCH!! LOL!! Talking a lot makes a big difference. You can talk, but not with your eyes! Let them talk to your forehead!! LOL!! Look up every now and then, but don't stop working. It now takes me 1 1/2 hours to do a full set. And this is good for me because you do need time for consultation, prep, application, refining & finishing, and clean-up. I don't like to feel rushed or pressed for time, so I always allow 1 1/2 hours to cover myself.
Diya

Hi ya i have been nail tech since dec and it still takes me approx 2 hours n thats on a good day u will get quicker it just take practise

When I did my first set of nails it took me 4 hours.... But with practice it got better and better... Now I do full set for 1.5 - 2 hours...(not without geeks help!!!). I stil make some little mistakes (only I can notice them) but hope with practice will get better..

It usually takes me about 1- 1.15 to do a full set but 2 weeks ago I did a full set using white tips in only 45 minutes my new world records and I havent lost any so it must have been a good set.

i remember my first set was on my sister and it took 2 1/2 hours and that was only for one hand she got so board she said I could do the other hand the following day - tht never happended, it took me three years to get her back into that seat

I must admit that I wasn't toooo bad when I first started and that was around Jan/Feb this year - I've developed fast with my application of P&W acrylics and my time is down to between 1-1 1/2 hours now.

BUT, at the salon I'm working in, they take at most an hour for fullsets, infills (2wk rebalance) and also backfills! An I seem to take so much longer for this that fullsets!

I don';t personally think that 1 1/2 hours is bad for a fullset but because the other 3 girls are so fast it makes me nervous and I'm constantly looking at the time (also because I think the boss is always sort of watching and timing me)!

It's so nerve-wracking! They've all been doing nails for over 10 years now and I;'m sure they were worse than me when they first started! I do a good job, my smile lines aren't toooo bad - just had a few problems with infills (well 3 people came back with lifting problems) so I'm a bit of a nervous wreck about doing them now - only because the BOSS had a word with me about them!

The thing is, they use different products to me and to each other and they still carry out infills for each other and for clients who have had their nails done elsewhere.

Now at college we've been taught not to mix products as it can cause all sorts of problems - do you think that's what it might be???

Anyway, sorry to ramble on but it does get me mad when it seems Im being watched over all the time!

cheers everyone for your time to answer to my query. That has helped me boost my confidence a bit aswell knowing that i am not on my own!!!!

Cheers again xxxxx

Dont worry me darlin....it used to take me YONKS to do a full set..... but experience and patience brings yer time down hun......eventually!!!!!
Keep practicing on anyone and everyone!
You will soon speed up......but till then....................dont worry! Take as long as ya like and just do fabaroony nails :)
PS: nearly 2yrs on...I still take 2hrs!.....I dont miss anythin out....nothin skimped...and I turn out exceptional nails (not my words.....my clients! LOL!) :o
I warn em in advance.....and as yet No-one has been annoyed at the duration of treatment.....they are actually quite pleased that they are "pampered" for sooooo long!!!!!
:lol:

Latest posts

Back