time!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angela1

Reaction score
hiya roughly how long does it take u all to do a full set of acrylic tip and overlay,just asking,im bout an 1 1/2 hrs do u think this would put clients off coming to me?

hi angela....1 and1/2 hours is very good.....the shorter the time is due to years of doing nails and even then,it can take longer.....some people take 2 hours....... it will not put people of with time limits hun..... hope that helps xxxx :green:

It's not so much the time you take as the quality of the nails you produce.

When i first started out my times ranged from 4 hours - 2 hours, depending on what i was doing.

Now i take anything from 1 hour 15 - 2 hours, depending on how my clients have treated their nails. (some test them to their limits....)

well thats good for me !i thought most folk do them in an hour!that could be the reason why im gettin trouble with them actually coz im rushing to get them done

1.5 hours is the commercial standard for a full set of nails....you're doing fine.....look at your own standards (finish, longevity, client satisfaction) too.....are you hitting them in your 1.5 hours....if so all is cool.

1.5 hours is the commercial standard for a full set of nails....you're doing fine.....look at your own standards (finish, longevity, client satisfaction) too.....are you hitting them in your 1.5 hours....if so all is cool.

Spot on Cathie.

my nails just now are not that great im having probs with them lifting but im rushing them too,so time to take it easy and be carefull mee thinks!

my nails just now are not that great im having probs with them lifting but im rushing them too,so time to take it easy and be carefull mee thinks!
Yes, you know what you need to do so don't rush it, you want yourclients to come back don't you.....and rushed, lifting nails don't bring in the bread and butter......ask yourself....what is the longevity of the nails of these 1 hour shops and how can you change the opinion of your clients who obviously don't want nails that lift.....you'll get there....just keep plugging away and do the best job in the time that it takes YOU xxx

yeah il get there,i just need more practise i think! and to take it easy.

i only wish that i only took 1 1/2 hours, at the moment i take about 3-4 hours. i have not been doing it that long and only do it once a week but am still a bit of a perfectionist which is why it takes me so long.
clients dont seem to mind though as they accept that i am still learning

sian
xx

i only wish that i only took 1 1/2 hours, at the moment i take about 3-4 hours. i have not been doing it that long and only do it once a week but am still a bit of a perfectionist which is why it takes me so long.
clients dont seem to mind though as they accept that i am still learning

sian
xx
Don't you worry about it Sian...we all started off like that and it's cool that your clients are happy to accept that you are still learning.......stick with being a perfectionist.....it will serve you well in the future!

I hope you are charging them at least to cover your products.

Don't you worry about it Sian...we all started off like that and it's cool that your clients are happy to accept that you are still learning.......stick with being a perfectionist.....it will serve you well in the future!

I hope you are charging them at least to cover your products.

ahh bless you!!! this site is great for making you feel better eh!!
The salon owner is charging 22.50 for full set with me, and i am getting paid an hourly rate so i think i have got a good deal here really. i just hope that she will have the patience with me so that she can start earning money from me in the future (hopefully that wont be too distant:)). the few clients that i have done have been really pleased though so hopefully it will work out.

sian
xx

Interesting thread, I am taking bet 2-2 and a half hours per set only on set number 5 and I have still obsess at the end that they could be better and focus on the bad points. Gotta do them in 2hours for my assessments which start on monday:eek:

Its hard when your a perfectionist I know how you feel Sian, practise makes perfect though :) dunno bout you but my fingers are so sore from filing! :lol:

The first set that I ever did took me 4 hours. I was in the salon on my course and my tutor was so patient. Since then my timing got better and better with practice. In fact the first time that I did'nt clock watch was the day a client came out of my nail room and my husband said "that was bloody quick!". It had taken me 1 1/2 hours and I was so chuffed!

Concentrate on getting it right first and don't try to rush yourself. You are doing really well to get them done in such a good time, it took me around two years after qualifying to get a full set down to 1 1/2 hours. I think a lot of my clients must have walked out with numb bums, but they were happy with their nails.

Everyone worries about their timing but it will come, with practice.

Latest posts

Back