TIMESCALE - L&P / FIBREGLASS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Just wondering if it is just me, but I can take up to 3 hours to do a nice set of pink and whites using L&P. However, I can do a decent set of fibreglass in about 1 hour. I assume that it is just my lack of technique with L&P and I know I will get quicker in time. (Still sculpting quite a bit with my file - sorry GMG!)

For all you experienced geeks out there, do you find that you can do fibreglass/fabric a lot quicker than L&P?

To date also, I prefer the result with fibreglass.

Your views would be appreciated.:confused:

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I could only truely answer this once I am as expierenced in L&P as much as I am fibreglass..

I first learned to apply nail enhancments with Fibreglass and my first set took 5 hours now it can take from 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the client and the situation (i am mobile and sometimes have to work in an awkward position which slows me down)

With L & P I am faster but doing my first sets (10 to date) due to my skills learnt doing Fibreglass, as my first set took my 2 hours.

But having said this two weeks ago I did a rebalance in 1 1/2 and my next client was 2 hours!!!

Personally i find L&P quicker when I get a set of fabric that a curing slower as i have not put enough activator on...

At the end of the day i think it is down to the technican and the skill and working practices he or she has and the system he or she find easier to use.

lindag

Reaction score
Using tips it takes me about 1hr to do a full set L&P

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Have to say i used to take 5 hours to do a set of permanant french L&P, now it takes me 2 1/2 hours. fibreglass i have to say i find alot easier and it takes me about 1 1/2 hours i think as i've only just started to do it, thanks to Carole.

I think once you have been taught the right techniques in any system, especially L&P it helps you no end in whatever system you do after that.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
lindag said:
Using tips it takes me about 1hr to do a full set L&P
I cant ever imagine doing a full set of L&P in 1 hour - is this normal or are you speedy gonzalez???:lol:

jambo

Reaction score
i can do a set of l&p in about 1hr if i dont natter too much but i always think its much nicer if they aren't in any hurry ( like on a lunch break) to do some more client bonding becuase quite often i find my clients say they come here because they also like to talk to someone, whether that be laughing or crying with them its a known fact we women just love to talk don't we? wel i do anyway........

so i think the longest a set can take me is about two hours, but generally i book 1 hr 15 to be on the safe side!
obviously they come for fab nails too of course!!!!!

take care geekies

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
NailNovice2 said:
Just wondering if it is just me, but I can take up to 3 hours to do a nice set of pink and whites using L&P. However, I can do a decent set of fibreglass in about 1 hour. I assume that it is just my lack of technique with L&P and I know I will get quicker in time. (Still sculpting quite a bit with my file - sorry GMG!)

For all you experienced geeks out there, do you find that you can do fibreglass/fabric a lot quicker than L&P?

To date also, I prefer the result with fibreglass.

Your views would be appreciated.:confused:
I take 1 1/2 for a full set of fibreglass.............. This allows for a good prep and a good service, with a little friendly natter............
The same for my L&P, prep and service and natter...............
I have been doing Fibreglass for 13 years now..........L&P for a lot less time

But I really dont think that speed is important , quality is..................
I look at it this way....my clients pay me for 1 1/2 hr of my time and thats what they get..............unrushed, unpushed ouf of the chair service........
A nail expirience not a nail race lol..................

Your speed will increase with expirience and practice...........
But it's the quality a client will remember not the speed...........unless they are really pushed for time and you have promised them to be out within and 1 1/2 and they are still there 3 hours later...................
Just my thoughts
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts