Timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didi

Reaction score
Hi there

Can somebody help

I have been creative trained now for 3 months and am a mobile nail tech. So I am still trying to find my feet.

Timing is my problem!!! - an average full set is taking me about 2 hours maybe a bit more. But i dont understand in my training course it was only taking my 1.5 hours. do you think this is because I am in a more relaxed environment?.

Also I think I am still have trouble filing the product down at the end (especially by the cuticle). I am so worried about touching my client with the file that I dont think my work is as good as what it should be!!!. How do you suggest I get over this lack of confidence problem.

And also I have tried using less product (pink) so to not have to do much filing at the end but I find that it looks too thin!HELP!!!!! do you think I am using a too wet brush??

My white is fine and very happy with that (it is quite funny really because on my training course I was perfect on my pink but not on my white!!!.

All help really appreciated for a disheartened nail tech!

Di

Hiya Di, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much as I've been qualified for about 6 months now and it still takes about 2-3 hrs to do a set of p&w acrylic! I think people still appreciate more care and less rushing and as long as they've been pre-warned about how long it takes then it's up to them.
I can't really help you on the Creative side of things as I'm yet to do my conversion with them but I'm sure someone will reply soon on that one!!
We all get disheartened and this site is ace as a pick you up!!
Good luck
Allison ;-)

Thanks for the advice - dont you think it is hard especially on this site you have some fantastic nail techs and u just wannabe just as good!!!!!

[dont you think it is hard especially on this site you have some fantastic nail techs and u just wannabe just as good!!!!!quote]
I want to be as good and better :p !! I think this site gives me the drive and determination that I need to keep going. It's a lonely world as a newbie nail tech and everyone is so helpful on here it's brilliant.
Here's to SS.com!!!
Ali ;-)
[/quote]

I want to be as good and better :p !! I think this site gives me the drive and determination that I need to keep going. It's a lonely world as a newbie nail tech and everyone is so helpful on here it's brilliant.
Here's to SS.com!!!
Ali ;-)

God you are soooo right!!

There are things on here that i would not dream on trying but you get these great nail techs who like you say give you the drive and determination to carry on and work as hard as you can

Di

Didi said:
:) I have been creative trained now for 3 months and am a mobile nail tech. So I am still trying to find my feet.

:) Timing is my problem!!! - do you think this is because I am in a more relaxed environment?.

:) Also I think I am still have trouble filing the product down at the end (especially by the cuticle).

:) And also I have tried using less product (pink) so to not have to do much filing at the end but I find that it looks too thin!HELP!!!!!

:) do you think I am using a too wet brush??

Well you do sound as though you are getting in a bit of a muddle so let's take these points one by one.

:) Three months is no time at all so you are bound to be having some teething problems. You have only completed the Foundation Class which is just that a Foundation on which to build. You will hone and refine your skills as time goes on by attending the further classes which are designed to do just that and to complete your education. A Foundation Class is not enough to make you a fully rounded technician -- it is the start. Commit to finishing your education in nails by becoming a Master Technician. Being mobile at this stage doesn't help either as you have NO feedback as to how , why, or where you can improve ... so you more than most need to progress with some help.

:) Certainly when one is not under pressure to finish in a certain time, one tends to fill the time available. At this stage of your development, you should be taking all the time you need to do the best job, and not worry about speed. If you were in a salon and keeping clients waiting, then time would be a problem, but being your own boss you can play it how you want to get the best job done.

:) If you are applying the product too thickly in zone 3, then filing to thin it out will be wasting time and could cause problems for you later as overfiling when the product is only set and not fully cured can lead to cracking and breaking.

:) Your product cannot be too thin at the cuticle. The thinner the better ... it should melt away so you can't even see it or feel it. If it looks too thin, then that is because the rest is probably too thick .... Use less product than you are doing all the way around, and things should improve. Retention+ is so strong, you can work very thinly with it.

:) This one came out of the blue so can't answer until you explain why you think you might be using too wet a brush?¿?¿?

A few things for you to think about there :D :D

Cant beat the advice by Geeg. (Who taught me 12 years ago, sorry, showing our ages there!)

I still take 2 hours to do a full set of P&W, but thats cause i chat to much!!!!!!!!

Love Chocolate x

Sorry - when I meant am I using a too wet brush it was because when I am applying product (pink) then sometimes it just vanishes when putting on nail!!

Also - as i have done my foundation course, and next step what is the next one to do?? or is it just a case of keep going on different courses?? as I didnt think i needed another course for P&W (it is so confusing)

Going on a gel course in December. Decided against silk and fiberglass for the time being!

so much to learn but so little time!!!!!

Di[/i]

Didi wrote:
Also - as i have done my foundation course, and next step what is the next one to do?? or is it just a case of keep going on different courses?? as I didnt think i needed another course for P&W (it is so confusing)

Your foundation course is just that............. a foundation on which you build on your skill.....................next step is just that , the next step to becoming even more skilled....then you can do your 1-2-1 classes they are brill for troubleshooting a specific area in your technique.................then you have the masters classes......................

So the learning ain't over for a long while, infact I am learning new things all the time..........Gel which you said is your second system and Fiberglass/Fabric# is also there, then you can say you are a full service technician............
Even if you only ever do one system, it's important to have the skill of all, afterall, what would happen if a different system client would visit you, if only for some advice ??????
happy learning
love Ruth xxxxxx

Thanks Ruth

I have just read on past posts that Frimley (where I trained) is not a Creative Academy and you do not get a CND certificate. I trained with creative products and with a creative trainer and got a certificate saying i was a qualified technician - does this matter that i dont have a cnd certificate.

I am going on a gel course at frimley in December and as i had a fantastic trainer i was hoping to do other courses as well - but if this is not a Creative academy is it worth it?

Di

I am confused............
you did foundation, you did next step, used creative products, creative trainer, but dont have a creative certificate.................

Is your trainer an ambassador ????
How do you purchas your creative L&P if you arenot a CND crtificate holder ???

I am confused.............
Love Ruth xxxxxx

Thanks to Caroline doing a search on previous posts we have found this post;
Samantha wrote:
Now to Frimley - this is NOT a Creative Nail Academy and you will not receive a CND certificate if you train there. Although this once was an Academy it is now classed as a secondary school!! You would need to go to Hammersmith or Loughton for your Conversion Class!! Hope this helps and if you call 0113 275 0433 the Academy Advisers will be able to send you dates for those areas!!

Sorry unless you have a Creative certificate you will have to do a conversion............to purchase direct from Creative OSNS or Leeds......
But how can someone set up a secondary school.........??? Isn't this a bit misleading for students ???? They think they are creative trained but in reality, they are trained by a Creative either Tech or who????
They train with creative product fair enough but..........what about the rest of the stuff.....and if they do a masters????? It wont be a Creative Acadamy Masters!!!!!!

This is a bit like nearly the real thing
or is it ??????
Please someone tell me, how this works !!!!!

love Ruth xxx
Creative Nail Technician realy confused CNTRC

HowdA All...

Just to clarify this point.

This is not a Creative Nail Academy and it does not issue Creative Nail Certificates.
However... We do accept Angela's certificates as she was an Ambassador with us, but now operates a secondary school.
For specific courses (i.e. coversion and Masters) you should go to an Academy... but saying that... you won't need to do a conversion as her course quality is to our standards.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Thanks for clarifying that for me - I was getting into a bit of a tizz!!

As for Angela - what a fantastic trainer - she has helped me sooo much and cant thank her enough - and she is always at the end of the phone

Di

Now I understand, thanks Sam for clearing this up.............
Another great training school in Frimley then.....Creative approved so to speak.. :D .....

My neck of the woods many years ago, when ex-hubby was in the army...... Pirbright.........Such a pretty place....

Happy training Didi xxxx

love Ruth xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back