Timings for gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albarn

Reaction score
hi how long does it take everyone to do a full set of gels from start to finish using tips you have to blend please, i havent done a full set for a while and was feeling really crap as it took me 3 hrs:sad:

hi how long does it take everyone to do a full set of gels from start to finish using tips you have to blend please, i havent done a full set for a while and was feeling really crap as it took me 3 hrs:sad:

I "was" taking 2.5/3 hrs as well but I think 1.5 is an acceptable time - I wouldnt worry too much about the time though, if you doing a good looking set of nails that lasts id say that was waaaay more important :)

When i first started i was the same, but then you get quicker through practice. Try and cut down by 10 minutes each time? I found that when i stoppped having such a good blether with my clients i got much faster lol! xxx

Hi I book out an hr and half and if the client has good cuticles or small nail beds I can do in an hr 15 hope this helps x

thanks for the replies, these were done on my neice just for practice, i'm afraid to offer them as a service on my price list because of the time it takes me, but i'm not doing them regular either, so i cant get faster

I'm the same it takes me just under 3 hours the blending takes me forever and the blending doesn't even look clear afterwards, I think we just need to be doing them regularly but unfortunately not many people I know want them anymore they mainly want the gel polish :-(

thanks for the replies, these were done on my neice just for practice, i'm afraid to offer them as a service on my price list because of the time it takes me, but i'm not doing them regular either, so i cant get faster

Well i wouldnt be putting it on your price list yet if your not completely happy with the service you can offer, you need to do them regularly to quicken your time. Why not advertise on gumtree for models? or rope in some friends and family and just charge them for the cost of your products? The more you do the quicker you get! xx

Full set of uv gels on tips is now approx 1.5h for me. Nail art which customers usually wants is 30mins on top for full set.
If they want nail art a lot lot of extras etc it can take another 30mins.

Generally customers with healthy long nails tend to go for uv gel polish and some nail art. Those with shorter weaker nails go for uv gel extensions or tips extensions and uv gel + nailart.

Adrianna
@Fabnails Beauty Studio
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I take about 2 hrs or so, sometimes up to 3, and tell clients that book in the timing may be a bit longer. The wierd thing is that I have been practicing tip blending on my own nails (have been qualified a year) and I can blend a tip in about 4 minutes per nail, but that's on me..I'm not sure whether that's a good time or not, but when I do it on my daughter, it takes longer! She reckons its because I am being 'softer' on her nails as a 'client' than my own?
I have heard some geeks pre-blend their tips, and I may do that, but deep down I think the clients may think that I'm using tips that have been 'out of the box' (not second hand as such!!) before?? Or am I just overthinking things?? lol

I take about 2 hrs or so, sometimes up to 3, and tell clients that book in the timing may be a bit longer. The wierd thing is that I have been practicing tip blending on my own nails (have been qualified a year) and I can blend a tip in about 4 minutes per nail, but that's on me..I'm not sure whether that's a good time or not, but when I do it on my daughter, it takes longer! She reckons its because I am being 'softer' on her nails as a 'client' than my own?
I have heard some geeks pre-blend their tips, and I may do that, but deep down I think the clients may think that I'm using tips that have been 'out of the box' (not second hand as such!!) before?? Or am I just overthinking things?? lol

When pre blending tips you do it infront of the client...or else it might not be tailored for that specific client if you see what i mean. You need to measure the tip against the clients side walls etc before tailoring. I tend to sculpt more because i dont enjoy tip application but its something i'm going to work on. Generally the bulk of your enhancement clients will be rebalances and not full sets.. so i'd concentrate on doing the full set and not worrying about time. Your timing will come down naturally as you become more confident x

Why not just use tips that blend super fast and invisibly like Velocity tips from CND. The time and effort you save is worth very penny of the cost. :hug:

are they much easier then to blend i have the nsi elation and they seem really bulky at the well area? next question i am not trained in cnd products but can i still open an account and buy tips and things?

I too have recently trained in gel and acrylic extensions and take around 2.5-3 hours but as I pre- warn clients re the time and they can see how much effort I'm putting in to get it as perfect as poss when blending, feedback is quite positive. Mind you, I'm hoping that I get faster over time with 1.5 hours being my target! :lol:

i normaly take 2 hours, but the last couple of weeks i have been doing it in hour and half :) nail art is on another level as it depends of that they want. i have been to a clients and have been there for hours before as she wanted to much done, so i guess it really depends on what your clients having done :)

Velocity tips are on the top of the piece of paper for my next CND order, Geeg!!! x

are they much easier then to blend i have the nsi elation and they seem really bulky at the well area? next question i am not trained in cnd products but can i still open an account and buy tips and things?
I don't lie. If I say CND Velocity tips are easier and quicker to blend then they are. I have been giving advice, nail tech to nail tech, for 10 years on Salongeek.com. If it was not truthful advise then believe me I would have been exposed by now as there are some who would just love to do it .. Lol. ASK for a sample and try them .. They are the best tips I have ever used. X

I don't lie. If I say CND Velocity tips are easier and quicker to blend then they are. I have been giving advice, nail tech to nail tech, for 10 years on Salongeek.com. If it was not truthful advise then believe me I would have been exposed by now as there are some who would just love to do it .. Lol. ASK for a sample and try them .. They are the best tips I have ever used. X

geeg,your even making me want to buy these tips LOL x

Latest posts

Back