Tint help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiLV

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who has base shade of a six Hair kicks out a lot of warm tones so I use igora royal 6/12 6% but 3 weeks later the orange tones shine through she uses a colour shampoo and not been in the sun what can I use ???? Many thanks

Hi I have a client who has base shade of a six Hair kicks out a lot of warm tones so I use igora royal 6/12 6% but 3 weeks later the orange tones shine through she uses a colour shampoo and not been in the sun what can I use ???? Many thanks
It's because you're using 6% with a permanent tint.
Any reason why you're using 6%?
What % of white hair are you covering?

Thanks for reply White hair 60% ???

Thanks for reply White hair 60% ???
Drop your developer to 4%
The warmth your seeing is what is being exposed at the time of colouring, it's just not visible because the 6/12 is leaving a cool coating on top. If you lift the hair less , the less underlying pigment is exposed.

Ok al give that a try thanks so much for your help

Ok al give that a try thanks so much for your help
You can also retail a blue shampoo? Like fanola no orange or Matrix brass off? This will help keep orange tones at bay

You can also retail a blue shampoo? Like fanola no orange or Matrix brass off? This will help keep orange tones at bay
Hi can u help me out again have a client with 80% white hair wanted a dark colour to wash out she wanted colour touch 7/03 4% CT developer I told her it would be to dark but she wanted this colour now after 10 washes she wants it out I did say it can take at least 24 washes before it comes out is there anything I can do to help remove it quicker?? TIA

Hi can u help me out again have a client with 80% white hair wanted a dark colour to wash out she wanted colour touch 7/03 4% CT developer I told her it would be to dark but she wanted this colour now after 10 washes she wants it out I did say it can take at least 24 washes before it comes out is there anything I can do to help remove it quicker?? TIA
You can do a colour remover which will remove the colour but the hair will always be left warmer because any kind of developer exposes the natural underlying pigment. The alternative is for her to use a deep cleansing shampoo to speed up the fade.

You can do a colour remover which will remove the colour but the hair will always be left warmer because any kind of developer exposes the natural underlying pigment. The alternative is for her to use a deep cleansing shampoo to speed up the fade.
Thanks always scared of the removers can u suggest which is the best to use ? Thanks again 😊

Latest posts

Back