tint testing question??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
I had a client in yesterday who told me that her friend had a tint test done in a salon in Somerset and was told she could wash it off after 30mins:eek:

Now I have been taught to tell clients to leave it on for at least 24 hrs.

How long do you advise your clients to leave tint test on for?

Thanks geeks:hug:

Ive always advised 24hrs too.Never heard of just 30mins before.

24 to 48 hours i tell my clients depending on what there past colouring history has been like ie if they have had problems before etc

I tell them to leave it on for 24 hours.

Dont know where the 30 minute thing came from.

x x x

i always do 24 hrs BUT......im sure i remember someone saying you 'could' do it after 15 mins :eek:because if they are going to react you'll know by then.

I always say 24hr and mark it on there record card that they have had a tint test and reaction if any hth

When I trained with Hive they said leave on for 24 hours for the tint.. but the the lash perm take off after 15 mins. Maybe she has got mixed up with tint and perm patch testing?

At college we were told to leave on for 24 hours as this is how long it could take for a reaction. However, my daughter reacted within 10 mins with an itchy rash over the area. :hug:

Mmmmm very odd,thanks everyone for your input.I have been tinting for yrs and I thought possibly things had changed that I wasn't aware of but Im glad I am right in the 24hr waiting time.

Lets hope nobody has any bad reactions if they have a tint done after 30mins eh!!:eek:Dosn't bare thinking about.

24 hours for me too babs.

We were taught 24hrs for both tint and perm.

24 hours.Do you know in 25 years ive never known anyone to be allergic to eyelash tint.

Hi I have seen a reaction it scared the ba heck out of me :eek:
her eyes swelled up like a boxers all purple and puffy and the insides were like red balls of jelly all over the whites of her eyes , she had green eyes so she looked like an alien ,
Please always do a skin test :hug:
she was a hairdresser and decided to do it herself , silly gal
she was lucky she never lost her sight or had that.............shock reaction , sorry cant spell it ,

Hi I have seen a reaction it scared the ba heck out of me :eek:
her eyes swelled up like a boxers all purple and puffy and the insides were like red balls of jelly all over the whites of her eyes , she had green eyes so she looked like an alien ,
Please always do a skin test :hug:
she was a hairdresser and decided to do it herself , silly gal
she was lucky she never lost her sight or had that.............shock reaction , sorry cant spell it ,

thanks, interesting Minky - had she had the eyelash tinting done before and did she do a skin test do you know?

i was taught 24 hrs when i first learnt years ago but then when i went back to college our tutor said it was ok to wash off after 1/2 hr ,
have to say i always stick with the 24 hr method to be safe :green:

24 hours.Do you know in 25 years ive never known anyone to be allergic to eyelash tint.

Luckily I have never had an experience with an allergic reaction either (touch wood). However, there is a salon in quite close proximity to me that has just opened up a beauty room and are already being sued as they did a eye lash tint without a patch test and the client has had a very bad reaction. :eek::eek:

Can someone confirm testing procedure - I'm worried now I might be doing it wrong after reading this!

I apply the tint behind the ear & get the client to wait 15 mins. Then I wipe off excess tint with just a little dry cotton wool and let them go home telling them not to wash it for 24 hrs.

Is this correct or are you saying I should not even take off the excess in this way?

Thanks ( sorry if I'm being really thick here!)

Can someone confirm testing procedure - I'm worried now I might be doing it wrong after reading this!

I apply the tint behind the ear & get the client to wait 15 mins. Then I wipe off excess tint with just a little dry cotton wool and let them go home telling them not to wash it for 24 hrs.

Is this correct or are you saying I should not even take off the excess in this way?

Thanks ( sorry if I'm being really thick here!)

The way i was taught was just to give it a good work in with an orange stick just in the hairline behind the ear ..no wiping off and tell them to not touch it wash it etc for 24 hours if they had to wash hair i would do it somewhere else .Tell them to be aware of itching and get someone else to have a look for any redness if they cannot see area.

Logically I suppose the tint is on the lashes for only 10-12 minutes while it develops so 1/2 an hour is plenty of time for it to be on the skin.

I always thought the 24 hours was just the time to wait before the tint to be carried out after the patch test to wait to see if there is a reaction as this replicates the process that would happen during the tint.

thanks, interesting Minky - had she had the eyelash tinting done before and did she do a skin test do you know?

Hi oey , the person it happened to was my friend who worked with me as a hairdresser ,
she wanted me to do a first time eyelash and brow tint as I am trained in this procedure ,

I talked to her and said
" That as she has never had it done before she must have a skin test first "
but she didn't want that so she went home and decided she would do it herself over the week end
(without us knowing )

Well when she came back to work ( naturally very embarrassed )
we were all shocked that an eyelash tint could cause such an extremely bad reaction .:eek:

I was so glad that I always follow the procedure of performing a skin test first.( especially on first time clients ),

Although Ideally they should always be tested each and every time or you will not be covered by your insurance and it could be even worse for the client :hug: x

Hi 24-48 hours was the recommended time i've always told my clients to wait before washing the tint off unless an allergic reaction occurs then they should do it immediately.
Whilst we're on the subject of eyelash tinting i just wanted to know different methods of how therapists on here do it in order to achieve good results. Today i had quite a fair person so i usually leave the tint on for 15mins and looked great but when i read the manufacturers intructors is saids 5-10mins i always think thats not enough to make them really dark even though i use Blue/Black for a fairer person.
How long do you all leave the tint on for? also i always manage to get tint everywhere lol over my hands on the work surfaces and have to use tint stain remover is there any hints/tips you can help me out with please?.
I do try not to pile on loads of tint and use less but i always tend to check after 5mins and if there lashes r poking through then add my tint to ensure full coverage.

Latest posts

Back