Tint turned hair auburn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello,

My friend has a tint put on her naturally dark hair (I’d say she’s around a level 4/5) and the tint was a level 8. The hairdresser didn’t use any bleach, just tint. Now instead of being blonde, her hair looks a lot more auburn and is still pretty dark too.

Dan anyone explain why this might have happened and how to rectify it?

hello,

My friend has a tint put on her naturally dark hair (I’d say she’s around a level 4/5) and the tint was a level 8. The hairdresser didn’t use any bleach, just tint. Now instead of being blonde, her hair looks a lot more auburn and is still pretty dark too.

Dan anyone explain why this might have happened and how to rectify it?
It's pretty simple really. A level 8 will not lift a level 4 or 5 past a level 7 with warm undertones. It's pretty much very basic colour theory.
Can I ask are you a qualified hairdresser?

As @ronray says, it’s very basic colour theory so I’m guessing that the person who applied the colour wasn’t qualified or your friend insisted on not using bleach.
Although, if that was the case, the hairdresser still shouldn’t have done it, as it obviously wouldn’t work.

It‘s now become a colour correction service as the tint will need removing so I’d expect your friend might have to pay more elsewhere to get it rectified. Without actually seeing the hair in person, I wouldn’t want to offer suggestions at this stage as I don’t know what condition it’s in, whether it’s got any old colour underneath it, etc.

Latest posts

Back