Tinted blonde 12/1 now too much grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOE73Leic

Reaction score
Morning all, another lockdown and no where to go. Ex hairdresser here, been a good 15 years so need a bit of help with my own hair.

I’m base level 6 with warm tones. I’ve been using Affinage Infiniti 12/1 with 12% for years and it has served me very well to keep the brassy tones out my blonde hair. I’m now at the point where I have maybe 30-40% grey on my centre parting and the 12/1 just isn’t covering those pesky greys enough anymore. I’m also trying to grow my hair back after hair extensions for many years, so l really want to try cut down on damage colouring it too.

Can anyone make some suggestions on colours that will allow me to keep my blonde but cover this grey. Happy to change to another brand, I have been looking at wella but not sure of its results as I was trained on clynol many years ago. Image attach of my current colour

Attachments

• B289D667-BEC0-4D51-B8E8-DEFA44A5E19C.jpeg
    B289D667-BEC0-4D51-B8E8-DEFA44A5E19C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Morning all, another lockdown and no where to go. Ex hairdresser here, been a good 15 years so need a bit of help with my own hair.

I’m base level 6 with warm tones. I’ve been using Affinage Infiniti 12/1 with 12% for years and it has served me very well to keep the brassy tones out my blonde hair. I’m now at the point where I have maybe 30-40% grey on my centre parting and the 12/1 just isn’t covering those pesky greys enough anymore. I’m also trying to grow my hair back after hair extensions for many years, so l really want to try cut down on damage colouring it too.

Can anyone make some suggestions on colours that will allow me to keep my blonde but cover this grey. Happy to change to another brand, I have been looking at wella but not sure of its results as I was trained on clynol many years ago. Image attach of my current colour
In wella and most brands you won't get much white coverage from anything above a level 9 tint. You could try and go down to a 10/1 which would give a more sheer coverage on the white hairs, so it won't give 100% coverage but it will blend the in more.

In wella and most brands you won't get much white coverage from anything above a level 9 tint. You could try and go down to a 10/1 which would give a more sheer coverage on the white hairs, so it won't give 100% coverage but it will blend the in more.
Would I be able to go down to 30 vol on a 10/1 would like to try get off the 40vol peroxide going forward. Also looked at maybe a roof smudge but not familiar with those either.

Would I be able to go down to 30 vol on a 10/1 would like to try get off the 40vol peroxide going forward. Also looked at maybe a roof smudge but not familiar with those either.
You could but you obviously won't get as much lift.
A root smudge would be the best option, because you can guarantee the white hairs will be covered. But it depends if that's the route you want to go down.

Latest posts

Back