tinting brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be a job for a beauty therapist,not a hairdresser :D

Please be reminded we do not recomend OTC products in the professional forums :D

This would be a job for a beauty therapist,not a hairdresser :D

That would depend on the hairdresser's type of training.
I have a DEP in cosmetology, a 2yr course that is gov't recognized.
It covered: barbering, esthetics, hairdressing, business, etc etc....
It was intense.

;-) xoxox

That would depend on the hairdresser's type of training.
I have a DEP in cosmetology, a 2yr course that is gov't recognized.
It covered: barbering, esthetics, hairdressing, business, etc etc....
It was intense.

;-) xoxox

Agree Victoria. I too am a "Cosmetologist" , licensed in all thee above. Actually,doesn't that mean we can give advice in all areas even though we may not practice it?:hug:
I also color my clients eyebrows with haircolor. (last time I posted that on the forums, i got my self in some hot water with other geeks on here)
But...It Works beautifully! Even our Esthetcian has changed from the so called "eyebrow tint" to actual haircolor.My Clients actually remind me to do their eyebrows also when coloring their hair.

My government does recognize it. MAWHHAHAHAHAHA....;)

yes you can just use a blonde hair dye

:lol: Hi I am just about to do my eye treatment exam at college and in answer to your question. No you cant tint your eyebrows or lashes lighter. Tinting is only supposed to be used for darkening and to enhance your natural hair colour. Please dont start bleaching them I think you will probably regret it.
I hope this helps.:)

:lol: Hi I am just about to do my eye treatment exam at college and in answer to your question. No you cant tint your eyebrows or lashes lighter. Tinting is only supposed to be used for darkening and to enhance your natural hair colour. Please dont start bleaching them I think you will probably regret it.
I hope this helps.:)
thankyou,no i had no intention of doing it myself.i wanted to go to a salon but i though i'd ask in here first as i didnt want to look like an idiot if cant even be done.thanks again

Yep, there is such a product, its by RefectoCil, Bleaching paste for eyebrows. I got some from Excel, i think it was the Hive stand. You can mix it with their other colours as well to make a range of 85 different shades.

Yep, there is such a product, its by RefectoCil, Bleaching paste for eyebrows. I got some from Excel, i think it was the Hive stand. You can mix it with their other colours as well to make a range of 85 different shades.
i would love to see the results of this in a before and after picture as some people have said it could go a gingery colour? as im still curious about this.thanks:)

i know a few people who lighten their brows with jolen

Yes, you can tint your eyelashes and brows lighter. I used the ReflectoCil yesterday on a client for exactly this purpose and it worked beautifully. Works well 'down there' too.

But hair dye on the eyebrows is not a safe option as hair dye is formulated very differently to the eyebrow dye and has the potential to wreak havoc should any of it get into the eye. Not worth the risk in my opinion. Furthermore, an eyebrow should be ideally two shades lighter than the hair on your head so when someone has their eyebrows done via hair dye they stand out like the proverbial dog's meatball.

Which is why hairdressing is one thing and beauty treatments are another.
:green:

If a client is greying or the brows are not taking to brown tint very well, grey can be mixed with the brown to intensify the colour.

If a client is greying or the brows are not taking to brown tint very well, grey can be mixed with the brown to intensify the colour.
thanks for your reply but i was asking if it was possible if you could make your eyebrows a lighter colour i.e a lighter brown/dark blonde?

Yes you can....
:)You can lighten your brows up to 3 levels using RefectoCil bleaching paste for brows for blondes no.0 shade, this must be mixed with same brand oxidant. I have not used this particular product but I've used the red tint and was delighted with the results. You can get this from hive of beauty on the net

Latest posts

Back