Tinting dilema HELP!! please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty4you

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if you could help. I have been tinting for 3 years now and today had a new lady carried out my prep vasaline on the eyes upper and lower placed a pad under the bottom lashes on top of vasaline, tinted as normal until I removed the pads and on only 1 eye my client had a load of tiny downy hairs that tinted along with part of the skin. Looks crap as you would imagine! One eye is great the other this blue/black smudge like worn out eyeliner!

I tried to use a stain remover but only took part of it away and stopped working on the eye so that they did not get irritated. is there anything anyone can advise for this to be removed?

got to say it did look a bit better in day light but poor and I feel crappy about it!
Thanks,
Catherine.

wish I could help but have no advise. Its something that I have never seen before and as you have shown, its easily done. Hope someone comes up with a solution for you x

It sounds like you havent got your pad up to the lash line close enough?

the pad was up and I had vasaline on! I had to re-adjust the pads before hand so had checked that.

could the client maybe have moved it? maybe had an itch or something, and they have moved it slightly when trying to scratch? x

Even if they did is there anything I can do to correct it.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Even if they did is there anything I can do to correct it.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

There isnt anything you can do apart from what you have done with the stain remover.

I always put the petroleum jelly on the skin and on the pad for extra support. Then I keep checking.
I think thats all you can do next time hun.

Why didn't you do your prep? I wouldn't worry about the little accident though, you got most of it off and I found whilst training that eye make up remover works just as well! It would wash off in a couple of days if on the skin too. Lesson learnt though to do your own prep.

I think you did all you could, it will have to be chalked up as a lesson learned and to be that extra bit more carefull in future.

Hi All,

Wondering if you could help. I have been tinting for 3 years now and today had a new lady carried out my prep vasaline on the eyes upper and lower placed a pad under the bottom lashes on top of vasaline, tinted as normal until I removed the pads and on only 1 eye my client had a load of tiny downy hairs that tinted along with part of the skin. Looks crap as you would imagine! One eye is great the other this blue/black smudge like worn out eyeliner!

I tried to use a stain remover but only took part of it away and stopped working on the eye so that they did not get irritated. is there anything anyone can advise for this to be removed?

got to say it did look a bit better in day light but poor and I feel crappy about it!
Thanks,
Catherine.

Why didn't you do your prep? I wouldn't worry about the little accident though, you got most of it off and I found whilst training that eye make up remover works just as well! It would wash off in a couple of days if on the skin too. Lesson learnt though to do your own prep.

She says she DID carry out prep.

yes I did carry out the prep as I always do and in 3 years have never had anything like it happen to me. I always always make sure that I have vasline on and a damp cotton pad halved under the lower lashes and upper lid.

Lets hope she understands and comes back to me!! She is a good client to have and I might have botched that one up! :cry:

Ah sorry thought u meant u had a new lady who did ur prep for u...makes much more sense now! Sorry x

i got a tip ;)

i work in a hairdressers got them to through their stain remover away!! clearly dont do the job, i used it on my self when i do my own lashes

"johnsons baby wipes (pink one)"

for my they work better than stain remover ;)

Latest posts

Back