Tinting Times Eyebrow and Eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Peeps, really confused as im not sure about the times for leaving the tint on eyebrow and eyelash, haven't had chance to speak to tutor yet, and all the other students say different things!

Is it 15mins for eyebrows, and 2mins for eyelashes? Or other way round?? :eek: I know its a dumbass question but just checking! Don't want to get it wrong! :rolleyes:

Missy Beauty xxxxx

eyebrows take colour much, much faster than lashes

Never leave eyebrow tint on for that length of time. You literally need it on for seconds, wipe off with dry cotton pad, get your client to check. Go over it again if needed. Finish off by wiping with a damp pad and done!
As for lashes everyone will say different because it depends on what product you are using. It will be explained in the leaflet that comes with your tint. You should always check this. Don't asume that every tint is the same.

Usually the eyelash tint stay on longer than the brows, but it depends on brand you are using and the clients objectives. I was taught at college to wipe the tint of the brows almost instantly after applying.

I have black eyebrows anyway so when I put tint on my eyebrows I leave it on for 15minutes to make them less sparse looking but they would need redone quicker due to the tint not staying on the skin. I find a lot of clients want their eyebrows darker theses days due to trends so I would rarely leave it on for just two minutes.

Thankyou guys, no times were in our routines or on our products :/ but anyhow, it must be the other way round, longer for the eyelashes, for some reason I thought it was longer for the eyebrows :irked:

Thanks huns xxx

Eyelash tint can be left on from anything from 5-15 minutes.
Eyebrow tint is quicker. I know colleges tell you to put on and wipe off immediately but a tint wont last very long if you wipe it straight off!
Don't tell the college tutors, but I walk round with my tint on for about half an hour! Lol
Swipe a cotton bud through the brow to see if the desired colour has been reached and if not, leave it a bit longer.

i'm the same as angelina. i leave my tint on for as long as possible when its on me and the lash tint on for about 10 minutes

there is something i remember from college about the oxidation time for the peroxide. that after so long it wont develop once both are mixed together. i'm sure my lecturer explained it by saying the tint is like a hill, it goes up to the peak while developing then after so long it starts to go downhill and nothing will happen.

each of my customers are different. i have some who like it on for as long as possible. if its a new customer i tend to put on, leave for a minute and take off, let them look and I'd rather apply again till I know how she likes it then for the next time I know how long to leave it on for

Latest posts

Back