Tinting whilst neutralising the underlying pigment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestylist02

Reaction score
Hi, I moved salons last year and found that the way they formulated colour was different. They use the Loreal range as opposed to Wella which I was previously using. They incorporate the neutralisation of the undertone into there formula an example being, a client with 7 natural base wanting 8.31 they would mix 8.1+8.31. For what they call a true reflect. I hadn’t heard of this before and when I trained they never taught us this. Is this something only true to Loreal or was my previous salon a little bit slap and dash with there tinting? I personally feel that Wella’s colour is slightly “stronger” then Loreals but just curious to hear what everyone elses salon does. This is a golden rule to tinting or a matter of opinion?

Sounds like your new salon is on the ball. :)

Yes that's correct, because the undercoat is basically 50% of the final color result.

I agree that wella gives a stronger coverage than L’Oréal. Often because of that denser coverage it would look slightly darker than L’Oréal same shade.
wella blondes are great 12.89 is my fave
It’s nice to have the option of using both brands I think.

Latest posts

Back