Tinting with Refectocil, how long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephrae82

Reaction score
Hi I have just changed to refectocil for my tinting. Before I just used strictly professional tints. When I was taught I was taught to do one eyebrow, then the next then wipe off straight away. But I've heard others leaving it on for about 10 minutes.
For all Rhodes that use refectocil how long do you leave on for an eyebrow and eyelash tint? I have the light and natural brown, black and blue/black colours. I'm tinting a ladies brows tomorrow with one of the brown ones and don't want her to end up with them really dark.

Grrrrr Rhodes is meant to be those! Stupid phone lol

I find they take quicker so until you get used to them on your individual clients I would apply them as you are doing and then wipe off, you can always build up the colour to the required depth, better that way than too dark x x

It would depend on how dark the client wanted their brows and the initial colour of the clients hair. Ie grey hair takes longer to tint so would need to be on for longer.
Read the manufacturers instructions carefully.
Generally the colour can be left on for up to ten mins though some of the colours can be left on for up to 20 mins.
I would generally leave on the brows for a couple of mins if a new client, then remove, show the client and see if they require the colour to be darker.
If you don't leave the colour on for for very long it will not give a very good coverage or last for very long so I usually ensure the client is made aware of this .Anyway hope this helps, have a good read of the Refectocil site which I have posted the link to.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...8PGfDg&usg=AFQjCNFfmZDHB77ZZRTrw-Hqbi6mQ2GK2w

These tints are so much better than a lot of the others and take faster so start off as you have been trained to do and judge from there. Every client is different and you can always add more but it is a nightmare if you tint too dark! :D

Hi I'm new to tinting brows and lashes too and I've just done two case studies using Refectocil natural brown.

On one client who has brown hair I left it about six minutes and it came out very dark almost black. Then I used it on a client who had slightly lighter hair and left it on for around three minutes and that was very dark too.

Can I ask, do I need to use light brown to get a brown shade?

The refectocil brown does go very dark. You can add a bit of grey to it or try the light brown.
I leave tints on for about 10-15 mins on brows.

If you want a light brown result then choose a light brown tint, if you want you can always mix and match the colours to get desired result. Try leaving the tint on for a minute at a time on the brows unless the client really does want to be very dark or they have a very resistant hair.

When you do a client for the first time start off with shorter amounts of time the. Build up,until you get a good result that the clients happy with. Once you work out your timing make a note of how long in total and what colour you used on the consultation card.

It's hard for me to say exactly how long or what colour because this needs to be discussed at the consultation and without seeing or knowing what the client wants I can't say what's the best for each client. Hth. Practice makes perfect:hug:

Angelina and BABSann thanks for the great advice :)

I haven't got a full palette of colours just yet but I have got grey so I'll add a bit to the next brown case study and see how that works out :)

Well my lady didn't turn up last night so didn't get to try it in her but I did my own while I was quiet. I'm dark blonde hair colour. So I tried the natural brown and left it 2 minutes and it's came out quite dark. Nice colour just to dark for me. So it's gave me a rough idea. X

Well my lady didn't turn up last night so didn't get to try it in her but I did my own while I was quiet. I'm dark blonde hair colour. So I tried the natural brown and left it 2 minutes and it's came out quite dark. Nice colour just to dark for me. So it's gave me a rough idea. X

Try a minute next time, like I said a minute at a time generally works well,then build up on time depending on clients hair colour,type and requirements. Least if the brows are too dark You can reapply until you get desired affect whereas if they're too dark you're in a difficult situation.

If someone wants a really dark colour then you can leave on happily for longer though be extra careful about staining of the surrounding area as it tints the skin very quickly. Hth

Yeah I noticed that lol I had a wee patch of tinted skin. I didn't have any tiny remover.

If I use tint remover does it take the colour of the brows aswell as the skin? Do I just gentle dab at any tiny in the skin? Never had to use a tint remover before to clean up the skin x

I leave RefectoCil on for two mins, wipe off then re-apply if needed.

I think their instructions say 5 to 10 mibs but I would never do that. Less is more.

Latest posts

Back