tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkirstxx

Reaction score
hi
i love eyelash and eyebrow tinting and i decided to buy some tint at olimpya the only thing is i havnt got preoxide does any one no where i could buy some

kirstxxx:)

you can buy it from sallys but get some advise if youve not used it before, i cant offer any as im not a hairdresser but i do work in one and know you have to be careful, someone on here will advise you hun :hug:

Have you done your training in eyelash tinting yet hun?

yeah im studing beauty therapy @ college i have to redo my 2nd year as i transfered colleges so im learnin every thing twice so im use to it now xxx

yeh im studing at college beauty therapy but i had 2 redo it agen as i transfered from birmingham so im learning everything twice so it like a 2nd nature
kirstxxx

I hope your not tinting any clients as you are not insured if you are still studying and not yet qualified.

Ruby

hi hun, haven't you got a college kit? you could try your local warehouse if you have one,(a letter from college is required) i really wouldn't recommend tinting your own eyelashes, or anyone elses whilst you are training, except while in college under supervision. hth's xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh no i wasnt thinking of using it on people i no that im not to supposed 2 as im not quailfied i was thinking for college so i dnt hav 2 use colleges tinting stuff all the time because they quickly run out of it.
xxxx

oh no i wasnt thinking of using it on people i no that im not to supposed 2 as im not quailfied i was thinking for college so i dnt hav 2 use colleges tinting stuff all the time because they quickly run out of it.
xxxx
You can still practice on your friends and family.Lots of companies do insurance for student cover if you want to do clients.

We use Combinal peroxide and tints from Sally's.

Dont forget to do your tint tests 24 hours before and away you go.Good luck.xx

thanx where is sallys every one talks about it and i have no clue where it is lol
what do tou think is better taking an nvq 2 in college (which im doing now) or doing it through a salon i say this because i started last year yr and got half way through my nvq2 in till i had 2 move and the college im at now sed i cud pick up where i left off which didnt happen at all otherwise otherwise i wouldnt b doing it agen which i dnt mind
do you think im wasting my time?
xxx

thanx where is sallys every one talks about it and i have no clue where it is lol
what do tou think is better taking an nvq 2 in college (which im doing now) or doing it through a salon i say this because i started last year yr and got half way through my nvq2 in till i had 2 move and the college im at now sed i cud pick up where i left off which didnt happen at all otherwise otherwise i wouldnt b doing it agen which i dnt mind
do you think im wasting my time?
xxx
Sally's is a wholesalers all over the country.I dont have the web addy but if you try doing a search then I know people have given the address out before so it should come up for you.

I did all my training through a college.This works well for lots of people but I will say that working in a salon is totally different,so maybe it would be better to do your NVQ through a salon.If you can???

If it is possible for you to work in a salon doing an NVQ then I would say go for it.I would perhaps ring around several different salons in your area and ask about doing this.For example.Will you be able to work on clients,make sure you are not going to be some glorified tea/coffee maker and cleaner up.Will the assessor come into the salon and assess you on your different treatments.Will they get models in for you.Will they mind you watching over their treatments.Will they provide training for you in their ranges??

The only down side I would say to working in a salon is that there are going to be certain treatments that clients wont want you observing.I.e Facials or massage.So this could be a bit difficult.

Maybe you could do a 2 day release.That way, you could get the best of both worlds.Hands on experience of working in a salon and getting correct H&S training etc from your college.HTH and good luck.

Latest posts

Back