Tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive just come back from my first night of starting a VTCT cosmetic make up course, and we have been told next week we are doing eyebrow tinting, and we should look into getting a kit soon. Does anyone do this? What products do you use? The only kits i have ever seen is the salon systems ones, are these any good? And last question (sorry).... Do you use the same products for eyelash tinting as you do for eyebrow tinting or are these 2 different kits?

Thanks all xxxxxxx

(Also could anyone reccommend some REALLY good tweezers????:green: )
xxxxx

I can't comment on where to get the kits from as I only have the one in my college kit. In it is brush (like a lipstick brush), tints, peroxide, dappen dish and paper half moons.

I can tell you though that you do use the same products for lash and brow tinting. :)

hi ya - i have just done my eyelash tinting unit at college we use the strictly proffessional tints but we had these already in our college kits - i know that the wholesalers around essex stock these tints. we use black, blue-black, brown and grey, also might be heplful if you get some eyeshields as well - at college we use cotton wool but if it isnt wet enough sometimes u get the fibres on the lashes. and yes you can use the same tint for the eyebrows

good luck with it - i thought it would be really daunting but actually it was easier than i imagine and loved it!!

good luck hun xx

Thanks hannah, thats handy - only need to get one kit then - even better:green:

I use salon system and you can get it from sallys, it is the same stuff that you use but I was always told only to tint the eyebrows brown.

But surely if you are training at college should they not be providing the equipment.

Hi all,

Ive just come back from my first night of starting a VTCT cosmetic make up course, and we have been told next week we are doing eyebrow tinting, and we should look into getting a kit soon. Does anyone do this? What products do you use? The only kits i have ever seen is the salon systems ones, are these any good? And last question (sorry).... Do you use the same products for eyelash tinting as you do for eyebrow tinting or are these 2 different kits?

Thanks all xxxxxxx

(Also could anyone reccommend some REALLY good tweezers????:green: )
xxxxx

Hi

I use the Salon System one in my salon and it is fine. Yes you do use the same for brows and lashes.

I still use the tweezers I had in my student kit from Beauty Express. did you not get a student kit from college?

I use salon system and you can get it from sallys, it is the same stuff that you use but I was always told only to tint the eyebrows brown.

But surely if you are training at college should they not be providing the equipment.

We were also told only brown for the brows but I have found that some clients do want some black added to the brown if they have black or dark brown hair.

hi ya - i have just done my eyelash tinting unit at college we use the strictly proffessional tints but we had these already in our college kits - i know that the wholesalers around essex stock these tints. we use black, blue-black, brown and grey, also might be heplful if you get some eyeshields as well - at college we use cotton wool but if it isnt wet enough sometimes u get the fibres on the lashes. and yes you can use the same tint for the eyebrows

good luck with it - i thought it would be really daunting but actually it was easier than i imagine and loved it!!

good luck hun xx

Thanks - i will definately look out for the eyeshields. We just have the makeup kit to order from college and its up to us the get the rest ourselves, but i think id rather get my own range of makeup to, as the college kits are never much cop (as ive already found out before!)

Im looking forward to it, we did eyebrow shaping & tidying tonight and that was fun:lol: , although its ALOT easier doing yourself!

Hive do a starter kit too. It has everything you need for eyelash and brow tinting. For eyebrows I normally mix my colours as the brown is a little 'ginger' so I would add a touch of black or grey to take off the reddy colour. This was handy at college as it covered all my criteria using the different colours (I did it all on one client lol!)

Thanks - i will definately look out for the eyeshields. We just have the makeup kit to order from college and its up to us the get the rest ourselves, but i think id rather get my own range of makeup to, as the college kits are never much cop (as ive already found out before!)

Im looking forward to it, we did eyebrow shaping & tidying tonight and that was fun:lol: , although its ALOT easier doing yourself!

Our makeup kit is quite bad, its made by Aston and Fincher. Well our whole kit is supplied by them and we have had so many quality issues. :(

me too just a tiny bit of black mixed into the brown and apply and wipe off straightaway also best tweezers ive used are tweezerman slant about £12 ish but worth every penny

a tint kit is suitable for eye lashes and brows

i use a strictly professional kit, £20 available from sally's

you may find the college provide items needed whilst you are in class but you need to get a kit so you can practice at home

Hi there

I'm not sure if these are available to you overseas, but there must be similar available to you.

I chose the Belmacil tinting kit - It has an international register so I'd assume its available overseas. It's a great kit for mobile appointments & neatly stored in the salon. Gives great results too.

Australian Waxing Company product detail

HtH

XX J XX

I will have a look at sally's at the weekend thanks!

The college only provide things like couch roll, cotton wool etc. we have to buy the produts ourself - and have the opportunity to buy our make up kit from college or we can buy our own. i would of thought though that they would provide us with the kits!

I use the Combinal eyelash tints.I love them and peroxide.I get excellent colour results every time.You can get these from Sally's but they are atad more expensive than the other brands.

I never use grey,I usually use brown,or brown and black or rarely black,even have one client that has blue and black on her brows(the client gets what the client wants,lol)Actually looks fine,just very dark.

I never use those paper eye shields,I use damp cotton wool circles,cut them in half,then shape to fit eyes,cover in vaseline,perfect.

my college make up kit cost £75 at beginning of course and we were told we had to get it before the course started - the just before christmas the wholesalers were reducing them down to £30 a pop!! i was well annoyed esp as we later discovered we are not doing make up until year 2!!!

Our makeup kit is quite bad, its made by Aston and Fincher. Well our whole kit is supplied by them and we have had so many quality issues. :(

I think this is the same one? does it come in a silver box and its from ellisons??

I will have a look at sally's at the weekend thanks!

The college only provide things like couch roll, cotton wool etc. we have to buy the produts ourself - and have the opportunity to buy our make up kit from college or we can buy our own. i would of thought though that they would provide us with the kits!

Do you have to find your own clients? thought there would be a skin test issue if everybody is using separate brands?!?!?

I think this is the same one? does it come in a silver box and its from ellisons??

I think they do different ones. We have a pull along bag (on our 2nd ones, first ones fell apart!) and all our products and tools - apart from wax pot and big things like that. My kit cost me £170 I think.

Do you have to find your own clients? thought there would be a skin test issue if everybody is using separate brands?!?!?

We are going to be practising on each other but for our assesments we have to bring in our own clients. Everone in class had a patch test last week (except for me , i didnt start until tonight) But wouldn't they need another patch test if a different brand was being used?

Latest posts

Back