Tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are going to be practising on each other but for our assesments we have to bring in our own clients. Everone in class had a patch test last week (except for me , i didnt start until tonight) But wouldn't they need another patch test if a different brand was being used?
Yes,every time a different product used they should have patch test,and every 6 months in case ingredients changed in the products.

But wouldn't they need another patch test if a different brand was being used?

They sure would - could be different ingredients - the insurance companies insist on this too!

They sure would - could be different ingredients - the insurance companies insist on this too!

I thought so, just what i picked up from this site (and a bit of common sense i think!) im suprised the class teacher isnt been more insistant with this

That's quite bad that your tutor is a bit slack.

A ladie in my class had a really bad reaction to the tint test, her whole face swelled up!

A ladie in my class had a really bad reaction to the tint test, her whole face swelled up!

OK im not having any tinting done next week and i am going to make sure i have the patch test done!!

TBH she did seem a bit dizzy, im hoping it was a one off!

Well I would say something,never mind face swelling up,people have been known to go blind through eyelash tinting.

Patch testing is essential,this is one issue that infuriates me.Salons that dont bother.

If I get a new client who says I dont need a tint test cause I have had tinting done in such and such salon,I always inform them that yes,they do need to be patch tested,I will NOT do tinting unless patch tested,ever.

Rant over,lol

The college I go to provide stick on patch tests that clients can buy for £1 each. The college uses Salon Systems lashtints. I however use Hive and I brought in models that I patch tested myself outside of college so that I was fully confident they wouldnt have a reaction.

All of our class of students was patch tested the week before we were going to do the practice on each other.

hi,

I have used both salon system and strictly professional and there about the same.
In the salon we always insist on a patch test on new clients even if they say they have had tinting before, we also have consultation cards for every treatment we offer that we update every time they come in. That way both the client and ourselfs are covered and know what treatments or reactions they have had.
I only ever used black tint on my own eyebrows as i have very black hair (saying that i have just had my eyebrows semi permanent makeup tatooed).
I tend to use brown with a bit of black for eyebrows if the client has dark hair. For eyelashes usually black with alittle blue depending on the clients preference.

Latest posts

Back