tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, just wandered if you have a tip for getting as much tint as possible on the lower lashes.

I get my clients to keep their eyes open whilst tinting the lower lashes, and try not to get any barrier cream on the lashes.

I've never had any stinging and clients have always been happy, I just think I need to get more tint on the bottom lashes, and do you have any tips for doing this, so that the tint is more visable afterwards?

thanks

hiya

the only thing i do that i was taught at college is to cut a cotton wool pad in half dampen it with warm water get your client to look up place the cotton pad on the skin under the eye and move it as close to the lower lashes as possible get them to then close they eye and begin tinting i find with this i always catch the lower lashes also.

hope this works for you !:)

hiya

the only thing i do that i was taught at college is to cut a cotton wool pad in half dampen it with warm water get your client to look up place the cotton pad on the skin under the eye and move it as close to the lower lashes as possible get them to then close they eye and begin tinting i find with this i always catch the lower lashes also.

hope this works for you !:)

I was taught and do the same and always manage to get tint on the bottom lashes. I dont think it is very wise to have the client open their eyes as some tint from the top lashes could flake off and fall onto their eye and its blinking sore, got some in my eye once and boy did it hurt.

Trish :hug:

OMG, I would never get a client to open their eyes, no matter how careful I was.

I do same as Trish and Kelly with the cotton pad. Always gets the lower lashes fine.

I also do the same as above but I almost 'curl' the tint to the lower lashes before I start. So I almost push a little bit of tint under the top lashes and then proceed to pushing the top lashes on to the tint and put more on as needed. Does that make sense? xx

Hiya, girls I always tint the lower lashes first, so there is no chance of any tint dropping off the top lashes into the eye.

I know that some people have their clients open their eyes whilst tinting the bottom lashes and others have them closed all the time.

I do use protection pads, but would like more tint to be seen on the lower lashes once the treatment has been totally completed.

And wandered is there a secret to seeing the tint on the bottome lashes more.

cheers

I find a good brush helps, I have recently started using one from Ellisons made by Thuya and it has a flat edge (like a paintbrush) and it is a dream to put tint on with it.

I personally don't see anything wrong with tinting the bottom lashes seperately if your careful which im sure we all are, I would never have attempted it at college but with experience its easy enough. I very rarely need to unless its a client with VERY short lower lashes, if that happens I do the tint as normal then re-do anything thats been missed on the bottom.

When I get my lashes tinted, my therapist does my lower lashes with my eyes open, but she's really careful when she does so, although she's said they taught her not to at college and it's a bit naughty! She always does my lower lashes first though and then gets me to shut my eyes for my uper lashes. I've had my lashes tinted like that several times now with no problems. And the colour does look good on the lower lashes.

Ruth

Hiya, girls I always tint the lower lashes first, so there is no chance of any tint dropping off the top lashes into the eye.

I know that some people have their clients open their eyes whilst tinting the bottom lashes and others have them closed all the time.

But wouldn't the tint get on to the top lashes when the client blinks?

i guess you could clamp the eye open lol:lol:

I just get my client to look up while i coat the cotton pad with tint which is right up to the roots of the lower lashes, if they are looking right back then they tend not to blink. then when they close their eyes make sure i curl it under the top lashes and the cover them with it. have never had any problem and always get all the bottom lashes:lol:

I use the flat, angled end of an orange stick to apply my tint and I find that I can get really close, good coverage with it.

I also tint the lower lashes first and so far haven't ad any problems with clients having tint in their eyes.:)

When Im doing eyelash tinting I use the eyelash forms that come in a package and they go under the bottom lash, basically like the cotton but faster. Then I use and old gel brush that has been cleaned very well and brush it on and take the excess off. I have never had a problem with the bottom lash not getting color.

When I brush the tint down on the top eyelashes, I then brush up under the lower lashes. I use a thin plastic refectocil application stick, not a brush so it's easy to get under the bottom lashes.

This is the method we use at college and I always manage to catch the bottom lashes this way, even the tiny ones xxx

When I get my lashes tinted, my therapist does my lower lashes with my eyes open, but she's really careful when she does so, although she's said they taught her not to at college and it's a bit naughty! She always does my lower lashes first though and then gets me to shut my eyes for my uper lashes. I've had my lashes tinted like that several times now with no problems. And the colour does look good on the lower lashes.

Ruth

Surely if you did damage your client's eye your insurance would not cover you if she made a claim! You would then be clobbered with a huge claim which you would have to pay and not your insurance company!

Surely if you did damage your client's eye your insurance would not cover you if she made a claim! You would then be clobbered with a huge claim which you would have to pay and not your insurance company!

Trish, it's me getting the tinting done on me by my therapist friend, not doing the tinting myself on other people; I've have had it done loads of times on me now and never had a problem.

But I guess you are right about the insurance risk though!

Ruth

Latest posts

Back