Tiny white spots!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
Quite often I get these tiny white spots on mostly my upper arms, they dont hurt or itch but I see them and they annoy me!
If I squeeze them a really tiny amount of white stuff comes out, like a spot but literally pure white in colour and a little lump of it-not runny.
Any ideas???

I wonder if they're milia...

is it like chicken skin on the back of your arms? I have that problem. I found that MD formulations body scrub really helps.

Ive just read up about milia and this is definetly what it is.
Thanks for your help
xx

My friend had this problem on her legs and after quizing her, i found out she was moisturising her legs straight after a very hot shower and because her pores were open, product was getting trapped there. I told her to wait 1/2 hr after a hot shower and then moisturise and she no longer has this problem. milia can be caused by too much product use and esp if pores are open, so maybe something to bear in mind x

*non pro advise*

get some those exfoliating gloves from asda/tesco/superdrug/sallys.....about 1.99 and use in the bath/shower with you usual bodywash/soap....it will soon clear up.

Both me and my brother suffer from this, only on the arms and have done since a young age. (i am now 22). Ive tried absolutely everything and nothing seems to help or work?!
Ive even seen doctors in the pas and they have said its a form of eczema, however, I dont agree. Its not irritating or sore, it just doesnt look very nice and I tend to pick them as i can feel them under the skin.

It's common for LIGHT SKINNED Europeans to inherit - it's called Keratosis Pilaris. My children inherited it from their father who's name is Lattie. It doesn't itch and it's in patches, right? My littlest girl has it on the top of her thighs and a spot or two on her right calf and a little patch on her forearm. Look it up - maybe? ox kelly

yes thats right..my son has it and so do i , the funny thing is im quite dark skinned. My son is quite fair skinned tho. Its something you just live with. However MD formulations body scrub is great...i leave it on for 20mins then wash it off. Sun is also a natural healer.

we cant be perfect eh :) xx

gosh ive just been panicking till i found this thread as i found something on my daughters upper arm yesterday, but it sounds like this!! my daughter is only 2 1/2 is this normal and how can i get rid of it for her?? her skin is quite sensitive.

Wow - I have had this condition for about 10 years, and although i wanted to ask the docs about it, I have never bothered as it seemed too minor to bother about. after googleing the condition and looking up some pictures I now know some more about it - thanks guys - you learn something new every day!

I am darked skinned and i get them on my arms, not loads, just an odd few! Like bagpuss says them gloves work a treat. x

i used to get this problem still do sometimes on my upper arms ,a good body exfoliator soon sorts them out,i've also found it happens when you sunbathe.

gosh ive just been panicking till i found this thread as i found something on my daughters upper arm yesterday, but it sounds like this!! my daughter is only 2 1/2 is this normal and how can i get rid of it for her?? her skin is quite sensitive.

anyone???

Normally Millia in children usually just disappear and no treatment is needed but gentle exfoliation of the skin with a soft sponge or mitt ,not the ones an adult uses as they are too harsh for baby skin and mild baby bath lotion and don't put any moisturising products on her just allow her skin to breathe ,if they are concerning maybe go to your GP for advice

thank you for your reply.

i actually did try to rub the hard side of the sponge over it tonight and she said it hurt so dont know what to do now, prob just leave it unless i gets worse. xxx

It's common for LIGHT SKINNED Europeans to inherit - it's called Keratosis Pilaris. My children inherited it from their father who's name is Lattie. It doesn't itch and it's in patches, right? My littlest girl has it on the top of her thighs and a spot or two on her right calf and a little patch on her forearm. Look it up - maybe? ox kelly

Sounds like KP to me too. Dry body brushing may help with this.

Keratosis Pilaris is characterized by small red bumps (sometimes with white in them) that are raised on the skin like goose bumps. They are very similar looking to pimples, but aren't. Sometimes they itch, but that is unusualy. These bumps only appear in certain places. Most commonly they appear on the back of the upper arms, and the side and front of the upper thighs

i actually did try to rub the hard side of the sponge over it tonight and she said it hurt
don't rub do small gentle circular motions

they aren't a problem really..we all get them, it only becomes a problem if there is a larger area of the body affected by them ,and yes and a good treatment as joe has suggested which is dry skin brushing that helps(it helps mine) but use a soft natural bristle body brush not a synthetic one ,you can get them from the body shop.

Latest posts

Back