Tip and Pink L&P overlay. Please Please Critique!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
As some of you know I have been working on my L&P application because I want to add this to my service menu. I have had my share of problems and I really need some honest feedback to see if my work is good enough to add!

This client is quite difficult to work on because she has small nails which are very ski jumpy so i was pleased that they looked ok imho.

Can you please comment on cuticle area and whether you think these are too thin or apex not quite right. Be as brutal as you like. i am determoned to get this right and have just booked a days course with Creative to help me on my way.
Thanks guys
Charlotte X

Attachments

• paula2.jpg
    paula2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,609
  • paula3.jpg
    paula3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 265
  • paula4.jpg
    paula4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 287
Considering the problems you faced, I think you have done a great job. The real confirmation as to whether or not you should be offering L&P will be in how the nails wear so get feedback from your model. If your model has been happy with them get L&P on your service menu now! I was a long time into my training before I could produce decent nails. Well done!

Thanks for looking. I have asked my client to keep me informed of how her nails are doing although she is probably not the most reliable model as she is insulin dependent and takes meication for other bits and bobs so if there is lifting I may not be sure whether it is down to me or not but hey you have practise where you can lol!

well done and for posting, they are a great length and look like they are evenly shaped. The only thing i would say is that some of the tips seem to go upwards rather than down on one of the photos (this may be the photo though!!!).

great work!:hug:

I think you've done a over all great job , i find ski jump nail a pain tbh, thank god for gel bond so I can angle the tip, I like your side view they look a nice shape, it is hard to tell the thickness from the pics.

they only thing that might let them down is the length the free edge looks a little long for the nail plate, it would look more balanced if you'd taken the free edge down a little.

but a great over all job well done xx

Thanks guys. As I mentioned above this lady has really bad ski jump nails so very hard to angle down and her nail bed is very short. As these are natural tips my client is going to varnish and thats why she wanted them this long because her fingers are soooo stubby she needs a little length in the nail to elongate the overall look of her hands. This is probably one of my most challenging clients so thought if I could do a good job on her the rest should be a breeze ha ha.
Thanks again for commenting
Charlotte

Latest posts

Back