tip cutters or toe nail clippers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
how do you cut your tips??
with tip cutters?
or toe nail clippers??

ive used both and think the tip cutters look more professional, and give a neat line,
but i think the toe nail clippers exert less pressure on the nail , so should be better?? but leave a line that i can seldom meet up!!
:confused:
what do you all use when tip cutting?

tip cutters.... thats what they are made for....lol :)

how do you cut your tips??
with tip cutters?
or toe nail clippers??

ive used both and think the tip cutters look more professional, and give a neat line,
but i think the toe nail clippers exert less pressure on the nail , so should be better?? but leave a line that i can seldom meet up!!
:confused:
what do you all use when tip cutting?

Me too I use both when showing the students in college but agree that the tip cutters look the part:hug:

Tip cutters for me mate x

tip cutters. i dont think they would exert more pressure because they cut equally through rather than from one side.

i always use nail clippers to cut off tip corners when shaping an oval or stilletto nail though.

Tip cutters for me too.

You should speak to Frooty Moo about nail clippers - hence she is now called the Butcher of Birkdale - LOL. I do hope she reads this thread!

tip cutters. i dont think they would exert more pressure because they cut equally through rather than from one side.

i always use nail clippers to cut off tip corners when shaping an oval or stilletto nail though.

whenever i have used tip cutters on myself i feel pressure on my nail bed, but by using tip cutters side to side then twisting off no pressure
just an observation!!!:)

mind you i sculpt all the time on me now as the scrubfresh dissolves the tips!! not a good look !!

Tip cutters for me to, I think it looks more professional :)

whenever i have used tip cutters on myself i feel pressure on my nail bed, but by using tip cutters side to side then twisting off no pressure
just an observation!!!:)

mind you i sculpt all the time on me now as the scrubfresh dissolves the tips!! not a good look !!

oh, never experienced that on myself.

It depends on the final shape as to what I use...
If the client is looking for a square finish then I use tip cutters, if it's oval or almond etc then I use clippers to achieve the shape before filing...
hth's

I use the "guillotine" as we call it in Montreal :green: (tip slicer).
Way back when, before my gel-resine course and uv gel courses, I used nail clippers as mentioned above. Pain in the butt!
Once I got my guillotine, I was happy.

Latest posts

Back