tip cutters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
my tip cutters at work are dead - or so i think? they cut wonky (no, its not me, they really do cut on the slosh) and i was wondering how often you replace your tip cutters, or if you can send them off to be sharpened etc. also, if i was to ask my boss to get me some new ones (which will be from pompadour) does price make much difference? or are they all pretty much the same whatever you spend? :)

i will be interested to see what replys you get as iv wounderd this aswell,thanks for posting x

you can get replacement blades for most tip cutters.

i think price does affect quality.
i have some mehaz tip cutters that cost a lot and they cut smoothly without any pressure on the tip that causes stress lines in them.

i also have some cheapie ones that cut ok and dont show any marks on a white tip but do leave stress marks on natural ones.

i think you can mannage perfectly well with cheap ones, and some top techs just use regular nail clippers to cut tips, but if you do get an expensive pair you will see a difference when you use them.

yep, get a new blade.
But to be quite honest the decent nail cutters will last you for years, have you tried tightening the screw on the bade?

carl is right i have had the same pair scince i first started out...just tighten the screw on them

Latest posts

Back