Tip & dip edge quick acrylic: process & any tips or advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Argh im hiding a lil but, I know ya'll fab acrylic girls aren't too big a fan of the tip & dip method.....

I'll keep my story short(ish!)-since 'big' school/college years till now I've had health problems/ops(arthritis & girly problems) where I couldn't do solid years of learning, & my work won't allow me to work full time so I can't afford to go to college properly now I'm 30, but I want to learn so I can keep money coming in if I have to leave work-argh rock/hard place!!! I've done a few proper courses such as gellux, make up at the local arts university, & waxing....I know it's a bit off topic, but any advice on how I may get trained up in such a situation?
I really appreciate your responses guys, as ya'll experts I have so much respect for xx

when it does come to tip & dip with the edge quick acrylic system, I know it's not favoured & im going to make sure clients know it's this system not fibreglass of course, I'm booked to do the course & just wondered ahead of it what to expect etc. What's the method? How do you infill them? How do you get a strong & good apex? Also is there a way to add any longevity to the wear of them? Can you do any cool arty effects? Can you put gellux polish on them?

I'll listen to our trainer fully on the day, of course I accept there are pros & cons with the system. I've seen a few videos on YT, but the girlies doing them show what looks like the equivalent of 'acrylic moonshine' looool like using cheap nail glue & dental acrylic

I love beauty & wished I was able to train at college, I've never lost the power of that love for it, I'm trying to prove my health wrong now it's under control & not let it steal who I am. I say it, as I really am grateful for advice & respect all the hard work you do
XxxxxX

I'll tell you something that I've read from a book (from a well known authority into the nail industry) recently which you might find helpful.

Once upon a time in a Galaxy far far away....

Dip systems was popular in the 90's in New York. The system is cyanoacrylate based (which is what super glue is) and does not form cross links in the molecular structure when the product is hardened whereas in L&P and gels, you do as they are cured either with heat or UV. This means that the cyanoacrylate based system is not as durable as gels or L&P systems.

So based on what I've learned, I won't be doing any learning into this method anytime soon.

I'll tell you something that I've read from a book (from a well known authority into the nail industry) recently which you might find helpful.

Once upon a time in a Galaxy far far away....

Dip systems was popular in the 90's in New York. The system is cyanoacrylate based (which is what super glue is) and does not form cross links in the molecular structure when the product is hardened whereas in L&P and gels, you do as they are cured either with heat or UV. This means that the cyanoacrylate based system is not as durable as gels or L&P systems.

So based on what I've learned, I won't be doing any learning into this method anytime soon.

Lol yeah of course, I've seen the method was an old Skool one to start with as I saw a few articles with ladies saying it was an old system.

However whilst googling I found an increasing amount of really recent articles where it looks like it's trying to be repackaged & rebranded for today's modern beauty industry(bit like contouring in make up!) it seems as if articles are pushing it like shellac saying it's quicker than your standard fibreglass acrylics, also showing colour versions stating it lasts longer than shellac etc.

http://m.nailsmag.com/article/115847/acrylic-dip-systems-make-a-comeback

I'm not saying yay or nay to either as when I was a client myself I had fibreglass acrylics & had not heard of this system till I starting reading through the paperwork I got when I booked the course, it was only after I realised. But hey they say you should never stop learning, so even the learning is just a bonus to me :) I'll be straight up with any customers, letting them know beforehand, whilst saving to do a recognised l&p course also-its just the saving that takes time due to my situation.

Thanks for your response Hun, it looks like that 90's galaxy may be making a return 20 years on lol xx

I myself have a dip system and myself and my clients love it. It lasts at least 3/4 weeks so much longer than gel polish and has a variety of colours and can be customised for each client xxx

I've had the gelish dip system on my nails for 3 weeks now and I'm loving it. No lifting At all and I'm very heavy handed.
I Infilled them last night and they look lovely.
I was originally put off by the dip systems as they had always been (to me) the easy way to learn acrylics. But I purchased this to make my life easier as I never have the time to do my own but after wearing it for the past few weeks I'm definitely adding it to my services. :) x

I've had the gelish dip system on my nails for 3 weeks now and I'm loving it. No lifting At all and I'm very heavy handed.
I Infilled them last night and they look lovely.
I was originally put off by the dip systems as they had always been (to me) the easy way to learn acrylics. But I purchased this to make my life easier as I never have the time to do my own but after wearing it for the past few weeks I'm definitely adding it to my services. :) x

What brand have you gone for and what glue do you use for tips? I'm thinking of going for nouveau nails as I've heard good things but I'm unsure about what glue to use

Thanks in advance :) xx

I did/have the edge quick dip system, every set I've done since tips & overlays they've lasted as long as L&P's-of course no doubt every system has a benefit & an issue, but so far all good.
Good prep & dehydration is key to their longevity. There's a freekin amazing system you can by from Russia called Mart, it's beautiful & I think £122 ish + post for it

I've bought also the Candy Coat Hard Candy gel system, 100% recommend their gel colour polish-I've had a 10 week re-growth with not a single chip or Lift & for £6 a bottle you can buy two for the price of a CND Xx

What brand have you gone for and what glue do you use for tips? I'm thinking of going for nouveau nails as I've heard good things but I'm unsure about what glue to use

Thanks in advance :) xx

I have he gelish dip system and use nail harmony secure glue. x

Latest posts

Back