Tip-ex for french manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
I did a french manicure on a lady who is also a qualified tech, when painting she told me she uses tip-ex to paint her tips as she likes the bright white, has anyone ever heard of this? I'd hate to see how shocked my face was!!!

Are you sure she is a qualified nail technician? I have never heard of tip ex to make the tips whiter!

Thats rediculous, there are plenty of white polishes out there that are as bright.:confused:

What did you say to her?:)

Well all i can say is i hope she is joking how unprofessional

I have heard it all now!!!! TIPEX.:eek: ..whatever next!!! How do you know she is actually qualified??

My thoughts exactly!!! I've visited her salon before and she did her course with friend of mine, I think it was just something she's created herself!!! I've never even had a customer that mentioned someone else had done her nails like this before. I said its not something i'd ever thought of doing nor would I recomend anyone else did. She asked 'would you be able to do this on mine?' which I was quite shockec about but just to be safe I said the client card would have to be signed just in case, to which she also said 'you dont bother with them do you?'!!!!!

they do this at my daughters primary school,lol.
she must be having you on..or is a bit of a nutter:eek:

hhmmmmm:eek: what next ?.... bluetack used to make 3d art??. :confused:

o0h please xx

LOL!!
I used to do mine with tipp ex when i was bored!! PMSL!!!

LOL!!
I used to do mine with tipp ex when i was bored!! PMSL!!!

exactly kirsten i can see us doing it to ourselves but on clients nah!!

I really thought she was having a laugh but just in case she wasn't I didn't want to cause upset and just come out with "what on earth are you talking about you daft cow?"!!! I asked questions such as, "do you do this free hand...etc" just to try and see and she seemed really genuine!! She even said "its really effective on toes", I just thought, not on my toes its not!!!

We used to use tipex on our nails at school "1980,s" and that was only cos we could not afford to have them done properlly. if i had known how popular this would have been i would have made millions years ago and would have been qualified 20yrs earlier pmsl..

exactly kirsten i can see us doing it to ourselves but on clients nah!!

LOL!! Just re read my post, it was supposed ot say I did it at school when i was bored!! I wouldnt do it now!! Unless the world had run out of white nail enamel!!
xx

LOL!! Just re read my post, it was supposed ot say I did it at school when i was bored!! I wouldnt do it now!! Unless the world had run out of white nail enamel!!
xx

thats cos your a good little ambassador now lol x

Why not go all the way and make tips from corn flakes!!

ohhh no not another shming shmong thread...lol xx

when i was bored at school me and my friends used to do it...oooh my word im glad i dont go to her salon for a french manicure

Latest posts

Back