tip n dip/fiberglass (help needed please!!!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
hi peeps,can anyone please give me some advise on 'tip and dip' i have not long started out only doing nails part time as i have not long passed..and only have afew clients at the moment but i am havin a prob with their(french) tips stayin on.... this is how i do them

1.base work
2.cut tips,just under half tip length and apply with resin.
3.one coat of resin ova nail..air dry
4.one coat of resin ova the nail and dip into the acrylic powder,(once all 10 nails have been dipped brush excess powder off)
5.repeat no.4
6.shape nails
7.buff up, (usin white block,blue soft file,buffer)
8.oil
but after doin this afew ppl have said they have come off and i just dont get it...i do my own nails this way and i dont have any problems..this is really getin to me cus i just want to get it right!! can any only help me. . .also i had a nail biter she wanted natural nails so this is how i done that...

1.base work
2.cut tips,just under half tip length
3.blend tip(cotten bud,acetone)
4.apply 1 coat of resin ova whole nail-leavin gap at cuticle..air dry
5.apply mesh ova nail (i use fiberglass for this n not silk)
6.file excess mesh,in downwards action
7.apply 1 coat of resin ova whole nail n air dry
8.repeat 7 and spray activator
9.shape nails
10.buff up usin white block,blue soft file and buffer
11.oil

so like i said i did this for a nail bitter n she said(that night they ALL came off)i was like.... well how could that of happend!!!i did this for someone else also and only one came off after a week n a half so that was understandable cus i am new in the game n all!but the nail biter i just dont get it..any help with these two systems would be great as im pullin my hair out..thankyou for takin the time to read this

right sounds like what happened to me when i first started, i did tip and dip and fiberglass before i converted to EZ flow acrylic and never looked back!!
however, i still do tip and dip on some clients who have naturally long nails and want a little added strength and now have no problems, i found my problems to be done to the following;
i was not preparing the nail as much as i should, i always now make sure i have prepped the nail properly, pushed the cuticles back and removed any petrygium (i think that is how u spell it lol) from the nail plate, remove and shine and dehydrate the nail.
i also found with tip and dip i was applying the resin on abit to thick so becareful with how much u use,
i also found i was not filinf enough once they had hardened, which was causing lifting and nails to ping off!!

i hope this helps, i had the same problems and with pratice and patience you will soon get the hang of it!

thankyou for the tips hun..when i am preparing the natural nail i block buff nails with white block then use acetone on cotten buds to remove any oil off the nail then then start to size and apply..is this wrong? or am i doing it wrong?[/B][/COLOR][/B]

i have PM u! x x

Latest posts

Back