Tip or sculpt?? Which do you prefer??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't say this unless you are saying you much prefer the look of YOUR sculpts.

Some sculpting is horrendous and does not look better at all.

You can't just say to and recommend to everyone that their sculpts will look better than tips because they won't necessarily look better at all.

I am only saying that I personal prefer Sculpts to tip and overlay. Meaning my sculpts and yes you are correct some sculpting is horrendous.

I was not implying that everyones sculpts will look better but with alot of practice then just maybe.:hug:

i still think that sculpts and tips should look the same when finished, if i am wrong please tell me ( be nice !xxx) i had a lady in today for nno 7 good nails 3 not so good, i couldnt do with getting out my tips out ( i did say tips !) i can do both but still tip the most ? i think it'd be interesting to do a poll and see how it balences out

You are right, they should .... but most of the time they don't.

Im tired of so many saying they do these miraculous sculpts .. but they never dare show the photos of their work to prove it.

PROVE it and I will believe.

i so love sculpting more than t/o - t/o take up too much time for blending etc - with sculpting - youre straight in there, but do agree that some clients NEED tips, i done a set today actually (sculpts) on the shortest nails you ever saw (they were about the size of my 3 year old grandson) but once finished they looked fab, even tho i say it myself - the client was well over the moon. if i HAD to put tips on them, i wouldnt have be able to find a tip small enough - even the smallest tip made would have been too big. i remember once, that i hated sculpting, (only cos i hadnt trained in it) but geeg told me all the whys, whens and wherefors, that surely changed my mind

sculpt everytime

Ok, here's something I've done. Not saying tipping is better vs sculpting on nail biter, I haven't tried sculpting on nail biter before so it would be stupid of me to argue which one is better. Just saying, I did it like this :green:

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=596

I'm not proud of it either :irked: but this is my early work and one of those mistakes you learn from

this has been a very interesting thread.hearing all your different views is great.
i was taught how to tip and sculpt but i mostly tip.i have however used peter pans (glynis) method of building a free edge without a form as i basicly built the clients badly bitten nails up to make them look more natural rather than giving them alot of length.so the end of the nails came to the edge of her fingers.i have found this a great mothod and it really helped me to feel more confident at doing severe nail biters.
i was wondering that for all you nail techs that sculpt most of the time are you always doing pink and whites are do you also sculpt in one colour?

Most of the time, I sculpt in clear. The majority of my clients detest p&w as much as I do.
OR I use my own custom white that's a tad more natural (but still needs work, the mix is still too white for my liking ) and I also use it when 'sculpting' a repair on an NNO.
98% of my clients don't wear P&W, so to sculpt in white is senseless. We always paint over it with art anyhow...

BUT while I don't like the look of p&w, I DO like the challenge of it, and it is fun to do.

same here i prefer to tip & sculpt ...im a bit slow on the sculpting with forms as i haven't quite got the hang of it yet and end up making a right mess

Hello!

I personally love to sculpt - both gel and L&P (just learning with L&P and finding it fab!!) - but I always look at what would be best for the client - some people really suit tips, some don't, so I use what ever will give the best result for them.

I do sculpt more than tipping though - having had a few severe nail biters recently, where on a couple of nails I've had to try and 're-create' their nail bed in order to get all 10 finger looking the same - I like a challenge!!

trish

this has been a very interesting thread.hearing all your different views is great.
i was taught how to tip and sculpt but i mostly tip.i have however used peter pans (glynis) method of building a free edge without a form as i basicly built the clients badly bitten nails up to make them look more natural rather than giving them alot of length.so the end of the nails came to the edge of her fingers.i have found this a great mothod and it really helped me to feel more confident at doing severe nail biters.
i was wondering that for all you nail techs that sculpt most of the time are you always doing pink and whites are do you also sculpt in one colour?

Hi Tracey

I love a nail biter there is nothing better than the look on thier face when they have lovely sculpt nails. And mine are usually pink and whites as this is the most requested in our salon.:hug:

it depends on the persons nails. if they have huge wide nail beds, i prefer to sculpt since it doesnt take me as long.

and it depends on if im doing nail art with acrylic, etc...so i guess it just depends like i said.

so ...either way LOL:smack:

Latest posts

Back