tip remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

periwinkle101

Reaction score
Hi to everyone !

What a brilliant site this is !!! I could spend hours on here !!!!!

I'd just like to get some advice on removing tips ..... do you use the tip remover solution neat when you remove them, or can you dilute it ? I've always used it neat, and let the client sit with her fingers in a bowl, but i seem to go thru loads of the stuff !!

Thanx, Lisa x

You should use your tip remover neat.

Put just enough in a bowl to cover the tips of the fingers.

Put this bowl in another bowl of hot water to warm the tip remover or
purchase one of the new tip-remover warmers and bowls in one.

Immerse the fingertips in the bowl and cover the hands and bowl with a nice fluffy towel and leave for 15 minutes without looking at them.

Use a cuticle stick to remove the 'swelled' product while the fingers are still submerged.

Repeat if necessary.

I suppose I should ask the question of Why you are removing so many people's enhancements??

i tend to soak a cotton wool pad or ball in the tip remover, place this on the nail to be removed and then wrap the finger in tin foil. The foil keeps the heat in which is generated and the acrylic comes off really well.

I also find i tend to use a lot less tip remover this way! You can buy funny little pod things which you fill with tip remover and place on clients fingers - i haven't used these as the foil works well and is cheap!

hope this helps!

dianne

I don't really remove that many enhancements ... it's usually for the clients who've picked at them, and made too much of a mess with them !

I'll give the foil method a go ... do you still wrap their hands in a towel as well to retain the heat?

Love Lisa x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back