Tippex Manicure - so very wrong...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
:eek: Does anyone read Chat magazine? This week, on the top tips page, someone has recommended using TIPPEX (or liquid corrector) for your French Manicure if you have ran out of nail varnish!:eek:

WTF? This is wrong on sooooo many levels - surely its also toxic - what if you put your fingers in your mouth??!!!

Please tell me someones read it!

Don't know if it's toxic or not, but if it was I should be very ill now, used to do this all the time when I was a teenager.

Didn't kids use to sniff this stuff at school??

Teri x:hug:

Didn't kids use to sniff this stuff at school??

Not anymore.. think it's all non-Toxic now... you can get a Tip Ex mouse... you just paint it on (no good for those wishing to do their nails with it though :eek:)

LOL you lot do make me laugh.:green:
Phew, glad its not toxic - I was about to write a letter of complaint! LOL!!!!

ahh just noticed shes from hull!!!! not far off me!
she could have got real white emamel 2 for £1 at the pound shop!! cheaper then tippex.

we used to do this all the time in maths lessons at school!! and get told off cos the teacher could smell 'liquid paper' and we weren't allowed to use it xx

I used to do this when I was bored at school lol Was a real pain to come off!

LOL maybe could offer the tippex maincure for a reduced rate?

LOL you lot do make me laugh.:green:
Phew, glad its not toxic - I was about to write a letter of complaint! LOL!!!!

i'd still write in, i mean WTF its like saying if your roots need doing and you've run out of hairdye then use felt tip pens to cover the growth, or nail varnish ffs its stupid, i mean yes kids do it in school (i didnt cos the smell of white out makes me sick) but this is a magazine for grown women ffs, cant believe the editors put it in? how bizarre

xxxx

ummm such a good look!!! We used too do it in school too!!

How do you know?? Huh?? Huh?????

Load's of kids did it lol
I wasn't one of them though !!! I was a good girl me ,
I was too busy getting pregnant while all the other kids were sniffing tippex thinner !
:lol:

Load's of kids did it lol

Yes, it was the thinner that my mates used to sniff.

Tippex used to be available in different colours too ... anyone remember?

Yes, it was the thinner that my mates used to sniff.

Tippex used to be available in different colours too ... anyone remember?

We have a well respected geek on here who uses acrylic paint as a basis for her smile lines. I think she even did a tutorial on it.

It's personally not something I prefer to do, but apparently does no harm.

Latest posts

Back